Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
The Journey
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Hello everyone. I just recently joined this group as I have been seeking some understanding and much needed support and friendship. I really don't know anyone else with PCOS and people in my life really don't understand it.

I have had PCOS for a long time and have struggled with it's challenges for about 15 years. I have battled the obvious problems - facial hair growth (ugh!), acne, obesity and skin tags.

I have also battled atypical endometrial hyperplasia - a precurser to uterine cancer - compliments of PCOS.

I had a daughter when I was a teenager and tragically she died of SIDS when she was 8 months old. I have been married 19 years and have never had more children - although I had one ectopic, and 3 miscarriages. When it rains it pours.

Hopefully I can make some connections. I have recently lost 50 pounds, and I love resources. I would love to share and also find out what other women like me have done to cope.

I do not know what the future holds or whether or not I will successfully conceive and get pregnant. What I do know is I would love to finally have the opportunity to relate with.
Posted on 02/25/09, 08:40 pm
4 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS). We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 02/25/09  8:53pm
" I'm sorry to hear about all your troubles but congrats on the weight loss!! I was diagnosed last Feb and was really upset by it. I had gone to my gyno 2 years ago when I stopped taking birth control pill and he just gave me script and said this will make you have a period. He wasn't listening when I was telling him something was wrong. But good luck and I wish I had more advice but I'm sure you'll find happiness! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 02/26/09  1:44pm
" I appreciate your response. Yes, PCOS is a real battle, but I have found some natural remedies that have helped. The weight loss has been great, I went from size 22 to a 16.
I am hoping I will get pregnant, but I don't count it, I just always keep in mind that it could happen.
Good luck to you as well! I totally understand about doctors not getting it! I have frequently had to inform them about it! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 02/26/09  1:50pm
" Hi sorry to hear about your loss. I only found out I had pcos in June/July last year and still dont know too much about it. I have been trying to loose weight also and would love any advice you have. Keep in touch even if you just want a chat "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 02/27/09  12:12pm
" Over the years I have tried many things to lose weight. What has finally helped me lose over 40lbs is - avoiding dairy, and grains. I center all of my meals around meat, vegetables, fruits, and nuts.
Women who have PCOS also tend to be leptin resistant - something that makes losing weight difficult. Avoid eating after 8PM or your body will not be able to burn fat while you are sleeping - something it was created to do. Also, whenever possible, try to snack between meals. "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web