Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
PCOS cause "anger" issues
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I was wondering if having PCOS can cause a person to have more "male" responses, such as anger, aggressive. I feel that I am always crabby and angry. I have a short fuse and explode at everything lately. Is it becuase of the testeterone that is being produced instead of the girl ones? I can't remember how this all works. I know it sounds stupid, at least how i have described it. If I started metformin again, would it make my moods even out again?
Posted on 12/08/08, 07:57 pm
11 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS). We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 12/08/08  8:17pm
" i totally understand how you feel... sometimes i get some incredible rage like i need to hit something like the wall or something and i know its insane but i just feel like i need to scream and i dont understand why.. i was just diagnosed today with PCOD but i've felt this way for a long time "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 12/08/08  9:13pm
" a lot of it is the out of whack hormones too. metformin could help because it will balance some of those hormones. i have found that zoloft works for me as well as the metformin. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 12/10/08  5:32pm
" I have the same problems, hormones out of wack, angry all the time......but when i got on the pill i no longer had those angry problems. however, I do cry more...lol. so no more anger just tears, i don't now which one is better. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 12/11/08  1:03pm
" I tried the pill but the other side effects are awful and I want try and get pregnant. I am hoping that since i started Metformin again, that it goes away. I hate being angry. I am so glad that i am not the only one who has this problem "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 12/11/08  1:12pm
" I've had this problem too, but since I started Paxil, it's pretty much evened out. I was told PCOS causes anxiety problems and panic attacks, so it could just be the anxiety building up, and anger/aggression is your response to that. I'd say talk to your doc, or endo, and see what he/she says. The anti-anxiety meds really can do wonders sometimes. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 12/11/08  1:55pm
" Are you serious? not one told me that it could cause anxiety and panic attacks. that explains so much. I have had trouble with that forever, even as a kid. Sometimes severe trouble. The antidepressant that works for me, i can't take if pregnant (danger to baby), and doctor won't give me it unless i am on the pill. I am so glad to know that I am not crazy. I don't like having to take meds for ever but it is better than feeling the way i do now. Thank you so much "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 12/11/08  9:41pm
" I have anxiety and panic disorder, depression and what i call the red rages where i want to do as much damage as possible. I have never let myself get out of control but the urge is there. Zoloft did nothing for me like taking a sugar pill, but i love my metformin. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 12/12/08  3:55pm
" PCOS can cause mood swings. I think you might be right though because I can be the same way. But because you have more testoterone than estrogen, I'm not sure if it will make any difference, just find a way to relax (e.g. yoga, meditation, breathing exercises,etc.) don't blow a short fuse. Try and keep it under control. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 12/12/08  7:58pm
" I have this also. I find it is even worse when I am PMSing. I feel as if I am not myself - as if something has taken over my body and filled it with tetchiness, anger, rage, irritability, snappinnes.. everything horrible. I sometimes just put myself away in a room so I can't be horrible to my family!! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 12/13/08  12:48pm
" I've become quite angry lately. I've also been DX'd with depression and anxiety. If you do some research online you'll find that depression almost goes hand in hand with PCOS. "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web