Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Raspberry Ketone???
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Has anyone with PCOS tried Raspberry Ketone to lose weight?? I would be interested to hear if anyone has had success or adverse effects from it. I just bought some but Im always aprhensive to start new things :s

Thanks!
Posted on 04/20/12, 08:40 pm
15 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS). We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 04/21/12  2:29pm
" I saw it on Dr. Oz and wondered about it too!

Anyone have experience? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 04/21/12  6:00pm
" I heard about it too! I am thinking I might try it, if I do I will let you know what the results are like for me :) "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 04/24/12  5:21pm
" I saw this on Dr Oz too! I was very interested myself! Sorry I cant offer an actual answer to your question, but I feel like wow Im not alone in wanting to try this! Good luck! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 04/25/12  11:30am
" Hi! Where do you find this? It sounds interesting and would like to try it...I haven't tried it before, but maybe we could both try it and talk about our experience with it. Let me know and I'd be down to give it a try. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 04/25/12  1:23pm
" Ok!!! :) Im going for it!!!! :D @tutessie - I got it from a health food/supplement suplier, but I know you can also order it on line. Be aware of the ingredients... not too much fillers n crap. I started mine on Saturday morning, and as of today (day 5) I am down 3.5 lbs. Which does not seem like a lot but I have not lost even a single lb in over a year. I have read a lot about the benefits of RK's and aid with insulin issues is one of the benefits! YAY!!! I do believe that this is something that would need to be committed to for a longer term, I will continue to check in with my results. PS- I am also on Metformin- I have had no adverse issues with interactions (not to say that you shouldnt check in with your doctor). No gasteral issues, I have found myself a little more energetic, I also deal with chronic fatigue so it has been helpful. I am taking the Waistaway brand, but have heard great things about Rasperry Ketone Pure and Raspberry Ketone Plus!! Let me know how you find it tutessie!!! :) "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 04/25/12  5:20pm
" I found mine at a health food store, I am on day 2....I will let you girls know if i have much luck with it :) "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 04/26/12  12:59pm
" Hi Girls! I haven't gone out to buy it, still trying to find the best place to buy it. I'll go tonight or tomorrow and see if Sprouts carries it. Wow Congrats on the loss, that's awesome!!! What are you doing for diet and exercise? I'm also on metformin. I'm constantly tired too!!!! I feel tired all the time and yawn a lot at work... What do you do for that??? Its great talking with someone who knows what I'm going through! I talked with my doctor about adding in natural supplements and he said it was fine and you shouldn't have any interactions :) How much do you take per day? Does it matter what time you take it etc? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 04/27/12  12:07pm
" Hey tutessie! THANKS! :) I am taking the WaistAway brand with RK and Green tea. I take 2 capsules a day, one with breakfast and one with lunch. Each capsule contains 300mg RK and 200mg Green tea. So in total I am at 600mgs of RK per day. I was advised not to take it in the evening because it can increase energy and hinder sleeping. So far I have not changed my diet or excersise, My job is NOT physical at all so i get next to none. However, I am meeting with a personal fitness coach next week to start a routine and to learn more about Low GI nutrition (which has been recommended for PCOS) So as it sits I am losing without changing anything but I hope to help the process along with some lifestyle changes as well.
I COMPLETELY relate with the fatigue! I am a counsellor for women who have survived abuse. It is HORRIBLE when I yawn in a session! i have yet to find a cure. I sleep 8-10 hrs a night and still feel wiped all day. I have mastered the technique of yawing with my mouth closed though! lol If you find anything to help lemme know! I will do yhe same!
And I agree!! This support networking has been a fantastic resource!! Im here anytime you wanna chat!! :) Keep me posted!! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 05/09/12  12:42pm
" Hi WannabeMuma! Your welcome, continue the good work! I was reading that you don’t want to take more than 100mg because you just pee it out.... I wonder if that’s true because you take more. I got some at sprouts and it doesn’t have any green tea. I haven’t lost anything, but I’ve only been taking it for two days lol. At least I’m not gaining! That’s cool about getting a fitness coach! I want one! Yea I’ve been reading a low gi diet is best. It makes sense to try that and they say to eat 6 small meals a day instead of 3. Yes fatigue is a big one I struggle with too!!! Wow I’m impressed, haven’t been able to master that skill! I hate yawning at work, but can’t help it. I usually drink some coffee to stay awake, but that doesn’t really affect me, ( I don’t know if that’s good or bad). I will def let you know if I find something that helps with the tiredness. A friend was telling me that exercise increases your energy, but for me its hard to get motivated to do physical activity when I’m so tired  Thanks for the support and ditto if you ever wanna chat more. Oh do you have issues with excess facial hair? If so do you do anything for it? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 05/13/12  3:52pm
" Hello Again! Thank you for your words of encouragment! They mean alot and after my first session with my personal trainer I am going to NEED IT! lol She kicked my butt! But I just finished my first full routine at home all on my own lol it was a struggle but I made it and I am feeling so pumped right now! :D The latest weigh in revealed that I am now down 7lbs. Keep in mind I only started the work out yesterday so that 7 was what I attribute solely to the RK. As far as the dosage, I'm not too sure. i have been taking 600 (300/CAP x2) A few people I know have been trying various brands but they are lower dosages. 2 of my coworkers have since started the waistaway brand and are losing. Dont know if that helps but thats my experience so far. I've started being a little more concious of GI in my food choices. its tough at first but I think you start to get to know the healthier end of the spectrum. You can google GI food lists that break it down (I carry one on me now) And with encouragment from my PT I am attempting to severely cut out wheat (to aid with my fertility troubles). Thats tough bc I am a BREAD ADDICT!! So this week I am attempting to eat no bread or bagels.... once I master that i will eliminate something else. And the book- The GI Diest by Rick Gallop is proving to be a wonderful resource.
I understand your pain re: fatigue! I would say next to my fertilty struggles that would be one of my biggest complaints about PCOS. I cut out coffee a year ago, not all caffiene but coffe is a long lost friend to me! lol It was a struggle bc I was also quitting (on/off) smoking. Finally successful this January! :) Ive heard that exercise increases energy.. I'll keep you posted... day two and nothing yet :s The hair is a HUGE issue... I have had laser removal on my face, arms, shoulders back... but its not permanent :( so its a lot of maintenance... I dont really know what to do about it! :( Unfortuantey I resort to plucking out of desperation and have ended up with scarring.
Anyway... keep me posted on how you are making out! Best wishes "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web