Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Tampons & PCOS
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Has anyone heard why women with PCOS should not use tampons besides TSS?

I've been trying to research it and haven't found any link between tampons, PCOS and infertility, but there seems to be alot of websites that link tampons and infertility. They just don't seem to actually mention why.

If anyone has any insights it would be appreciated.
Posted on 03/25/12, 03:32 pm
3 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS). We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 03/25/12  6:29pm
" I've never heard that about PCOS and tampons. I don't see how a tampon would effect whether or not you ovulate or get cysts. I've been wearing tampons for years and never had any issues with them. I also tend to only wear them during the day and a pad at night, so I don't know. I took Clomid for a couple months to get pregnant and am now expecting twins, so regardless of the connection the websites you've been reading are claiming, you could still get pregnant. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 03/25/12  7:05pm
" I've always used tampons, but I'm cautious about not using the scented ones. I heard the scented ones can cause infections and that MAY lead to infertility, but that's all I can think of ??? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 03/25/12  10:00pm
" I have always used tampons. Never heard of the links of tampons and PCOS or anything related.

I don't use scented...those aren't recommended for hygenic reasons.

I have to use tampons...I don't feel comfortable with pads. "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web