Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
My Before & After Pics Tummy Tuck
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Panniculectomy - Before and After - The Dream of a Lifetime!

Deciding to have a panniculectomy done following a dramatic weight loss is such a personal choice but for me, it was the dream of a lifetime!

One hears rumors that it is the worst pain in the world, but I am here to tell you it is not. Was there pain? Heck yes. Was it unbearable? Absolutely not! The worst pain I experienced was when I awoke after surgery and the pain ran in a line from one side to the other, just underneath my breasts.

Later, upon questioning this, the nurse informed me it was due to the retractors used during surgery. It seems that while your midriff skin is separated from the underlying muscles, the retractors are used to hold it up and out of the way while the surgeon tightens the muscles, removes the lower tummy skin and prepares to pull this skin down to stretch the entire area from your breasts to just above your legs and female anatomy. I believe this pain to be more prominent because the nerves in that area remain intact. READ MORE...AND SEE THE BEFORE AND AFTER PICTURES

http://www.ranaesheart.com/2008/08/...
Posted on 08/02/08, 09:02 pm
7 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Plastic Surgery. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 08/11/08  10:15am
" I read your blog, it is an amazing story. I know what you went through with your body. I plan on the tummy tuck next year. I am very excited and scared! Great job on your weight loss and new body! You deserve it! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 09/20/08  8:59pm
" That's your tummy? Sexy! Serious! Now to get a belly ring to show it off lady! Great job! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 09/27/08  2:58am
" Wow!! That is amazing! I want to get something done with my belly. Ever since I had a c-section, I still look several months pregnant. I exercise daily and it is so damn frustrating!! It's been 4 years, and I've lost weight everywhere except for my stomach. If I can figure out a way to afford it, I'mma get cut on too! Your pics look great. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 10/22/08  5:32pm
" I have been thinking about have the surgery done. I am almost 18mon out of wt loss surgery. I lost 140lbs. I big question is can I afford the tummy tuck surgery? I hate to ask, but how much did it cost? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 10/23/08  12:18am
" The surgery cost $5,000 out of pocket and about another $8,000 that insurance was supposed to pay. Notice I said supposed. They have denied it and I have a huge debt. Would do it all again in a heartbeat .. it changed my life as drastically as the weight loss. Most doctors work with companies that offer financing. Please keep in touch and let me know how it goes .. ((Hugs)) and HUGE CONGRATULATIONS on the weight loss!!! Know exactly how you feel .. it is life changing .. don't you think??? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 02/29/12  11:05pm
" Dear Ranae,

Wow! What you have done is just amazing! And what a beautiful thing to have a website to help others on their journey. You are a wonderful woman and I hope you continue to find all the peace and joy you deserve in this life.

Blessings,
Hazel "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 06/12/12  12:45am
" omg o m g your awesome and wow what a body "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web