Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
DBS battery replacement
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
My friend from young onset support group has very good success with deep brain stimualation surgery. went in for battery replacement surgery under the skin in his chest. unfortunately the surgeon nicked a terminal lead. This is a major problem for which he has been told requires an additional brain surgery to replace a lead. Has anyonme heard of similar problems. I have been told that eventually I will be a good candidate for DBS.
Posted on 09/18/09, 09:08 pm
2 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Parkinson's Disease. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 09/20/09  8:38am
" sorry i dont know, i just read your post "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 09/20/09  3:51pm
" Hi, that's awful what your friend went through. It's such a traumatic proceedure and shouldn't be gone into lightly.

I too was told by the top Parkinsons Consultant in my area 18 months ago that I should be considering having DBS as I'm at an ideal age (50) and if I didn't have it done, then in 10 years time it would be too late. Strangely enough I've been back twice since and there's been no further mention of DBS.

There are so many questions that need answering when you start to consider having DBS. It's a hell of an operation to go through if it doesn't work out good for you, I know it can be reversed.

I'll stay with the medications for now & would even try new meds if need be, there's going to be no drilling of holes in my head for awhile yet.

Yours Dirk !!;O)) "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web