Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Aspiration Pneumonia Warning for ALL PWP
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
The bronchoscopy I had a few weeks ago revealed a pneumonia again. The doc "sucked" and flushed all of the nasty fluid out, which did make me feel a lot better at the time. But I was still sick. He also took a few biopsies to find out what caused the pneumonia.

The results came back and the doctor didn't even wait until Monday to give me the results! I was notified yesterday, a Saturday! The cultures show that I have a very serious bacterial ibfection in my lungs. In other words, I aspirated food particles into my lungs, which caused the infection!

Now here's the bad part ..... the medicines are making me feel sicker than the infection! Doxycycline and Bactrim DS. Twice a day for ten days!

I hope I make it!

Aspiration Pneumonia is fairly common among PWP. Forrtunately for me my pulmonologist caught it in time, I hope!
I'll know more on Monday (tommorrow).
Posted on 02/19/12, 02:24 pm
10 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Parkinson's Disease. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 02/19/12  5:27pm
" Dear Jim , I was very sorry to hear about your illness . Pleas ,please work very hard to get better, We all need you. Good luck Zlatica "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 02/19/12  6:17pm
" jim, i hope you feel better. hugs janice "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 02/19/12  8:42pm
" Jim,

Sorry to hear your news, hope you are feeling better soon,

I shall be thinking of you.

Take care

Julie "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 02/19/12  10:02pm
" Praying for you JIm. We need you so get better soon! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 02/20/12  9:17am
" Jim, We are all blessed by your comments. I know that you are feeling bad but still was able to talk to all of us. Thank you. We need you. Praying for you, and hope you are better real soon. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 02/20/12  10:16am
" Jim, Praying for you. Please let us know how you are doing!!! No matter what don't give up!!! On WebMD I read a lot about people getting the pneumonia and they get better!!! Prayer works!!! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 02/20/12  11:17am
" I am so sorry for what you are going through. Please feel better, you are on my daily prayer list. Let's get you well! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 02/21/12  8:40am
" You are in my thoughts and added on to my prayer list Jim, hope you get stronger each day....Get better soon!!!! paula "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 02/21/12  1:44pm
" Hang in there buddy!

bp "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 02/21/12  9:19pm
" Jim, I'm so sorry to hear your going through such a bad time, I will be praying for you. I hope you will be alright.I agree with everyone else on here, we need your enthusiam & we look forward to your comments... Hang in there friend... All of us are praying...BELEIVE!!!!!!!
A friend, Faith "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web