Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
weather change
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
just wondering if weather change affects anyone like it does me... Not handling the cold very well and seems like it makes my tremors worse... is this just me or something that goes along with PD...
Posted on 11/03/11, 12:13 pm
12 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Parkinson's Disease. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 11/03/11  1:30pm
" My wife with PD can tell almost ahead of the forecasters when a cold front is about to move through. Her aches and pains increase and she is much stiffer in her little bit of mobility. Winter time cold also bothers her much more now than in the past too. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 11/03/11  5:04pm
" Hi Paula, I hate the cold,snow & ice etc.... Last winter was very bad here down to -19 ... I found it hell to get around and made my symptoms worse and I fall down more easily too. I'm the same with hot weather, I can't tolerate it like I used to, if only it could be springtime all year round, that would be heaven for me.

There are sooo many factors regarding triggers for tremours, I'm getting lots of stress with one thing and another at the moment, that doesn't help.

Yours Sincerely Dirky !!;O))x "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 11/03/11  8:29pm
" Hi, I do not like cold also makes me shake and PD is worst. I make my husband warmed the car when we go someplace. It;s easier that way, I should get a job on the news, predict the weather days ahead.My body gets stiff and my bones ache Zlatica "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 11/03/11  8:34pm
" Yes it affects me. Tremors are worse and I feel achy most of the time. Maybe it's time to migrate south. lol "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 11/04/11  12:14am
" thanks... i thought i was imagining it... besides my tremors being worse i'm stiffer and move slower... i guess that goes with it... "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 11/07/11  5:50am
" Not just you Paula,

I finding the colder weather a real problem, I'm stiff, sore, achey, and shakey.

My family are complaining of an overheated house (although no one has dared to touch the central heating hahaha) I'm with CM time to head South!

Love the weather girl idea Zlatica.

Stay warm

Julie "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 11/09/11  7:30am
" I am the opposite - the hot, humid weather just took everything out of me. I just wanted it to get colder. The weather this past week and into next week has been chilly and beautiful here in Jersey. I feel better in the cooler weather. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 11/09/11  6:27pm
" Hi Paula,

The cold does not affect my tremors or aches. It does affect my mood. I am happy with when the sun is shining no matter (within reason) the temperature. I am less happy/pleased when it it is cold and overcast.

I wonder does mood affect tremors/aches more than the cold?

Take care,
Joe "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 11/09/11  6:28pm
" Hi Paula,

I forgot to add...We cannot control the weather. We can work on our moods. of course, this assumes my mood theory may have some credence.

Take care,
Joe "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 11/10/11  12:57pm
" I use to enjoy going out to feed the animals, but since the cold weather is here, I dread it. I get so stiff and achey. My animals can here me coming before they see me, by the ratteling of the food in the bucket from my overly shaking body. I don't even have to call them up @ feeding time. I use to get cold in winter, but never experianced it quite like this. The p.d. has deffinatley added a it's twist of effects to the weather. I even have difficulties in extreme hot weather now, that I never had before. Remember, you are not alone. We are all in this together. "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web