shoulder upper arm pain
i have tenderness in right shoulder and gripping pain if i move my arm from a high to low position -does pd cause pain
Posted on 12/30/09, 03:57 pm
Reminder: This is a support group for Parkinson's Disease. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

Reply #1 - 12/30/09  4:16pm
" regarding my arm and shoulder pain my right arm and shoulder are almost in constant movement question on shoulder pain addendum thanks skyx "
Reply #2 - 12/30/09  9:31pm
" hello skyx, one of my earliest symtoms was a stiff sore shoulder. How long have you been diagnosed. Have you discussed this symtom with your nuerologist. Have you tried heat therapy like a hot tub or sauna. good luck "
Reply #3 - 12/31/09  3:14pm
" have heat on my shoulder right now thank you hisknobs hope the heat help[s skyx-thanks to all who help and happy new year "
Reply #4 - 01/01/10  4:30pm
" I have arm and shoulder pain, but I injured mine at work. The PD may have something to do with it too. I usually get in the hot tub at the end of the day. It really helps. A nice hot bath would probably help, too. The best of luck to you.
LJ "
Reply #5 - 01/14/10  6:51pm
" I too had the same problem first with my rt shoulder and now my left and from my research I found that it can take up to 2 yrs for the frozen shoulder to feel better which has been my experience. I found that those with PD are more predisposed to having joint pain and limitations and they most commonly affect the shoulder. Before my dx of PD the problems with my shoulder led me to my doc and he said it was my rotator cup and proceeded to give me cortisone shots which heped very litte of course and it wasnt till later I found that the PD was indirectly involved. That was 3 yrs ago and now my lft shoulder is having the same problems that my rt did and I just do what I can and wait for the yr or 2 to go by knowing it will feel better like my rt arm eventually did. God bless and I hope you feel better. Heat helps and so does some massage and I have heard that acupuncture is helpful with it though I did not try that. "
Reply #6 - 01/17/10  10:52am
" kitten7 thank you---- looking back this is my 3rd time with shoulder arm pain ----started physical therapy --i think you are right- pd is causing this,as it comes and then goes away and comes again something will have to live with thanks so much "
Reply #7 - 01/19/10  2:11pm
" I have shoulder and neck pain and i go to a Dr. who specialises in sports injuries and workplac e accidents, and he gives me cortizone shots ab out ev ery 6 months and it helps . although rubs hel;p too "
Reply #8 - 01/21/10  12:20am
" My mother's upper arm and shoulder pain in 2006 led her from one physician to another, including neurologists, all of whom put her through various tests and none of whom could determine the cause of her pain. One PD-neurologist even blew it off as "simple degeneration." Finally, however, she had a very in-depth examination and testing at the Mayo Clinic, whereupon she was diagnosed with PD.

And, yes, as my mom would tell you, PD can certainly hurt, especially the spasms. Fortunately, medications help, but they have side effects, as we are finding out more and more...

Best wishes to you. "
Reply #9 - 01/30/10  10:00am
" i was diagnosed with PD about 6 mos ago... i had shoulder issues for the last year or so but figured i did something to it at work.. it's not on the same side as my tremors so i never connected the two to the same problem... i find the heating pad helps my shoulder.. wish it would help tremors too i'd invest in two heating pads :) Stay positive!!!! "
Reply #10 - 08/03/10  7:23am
" Have had PD for 4 years and only recently have I developed upper right arm/shoulder pain. I have yet to see my dr on this but was wondering if it was related to the drugs I am taking. I take sinamet, azilect, and amandatine. "