Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Advice:
Excessive mucus/phlegm
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Aloha,

I have excessive mucus/phlegm. Does anyone have a similar problem/solution?
Posted on 08/13/08, 07:07 pm
6 Replies Add Your Advice
Reminder: This is a support group for Parkinson's Disease. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Advice:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 08/14/08  12:21pm
" Yes, I have this problem too. I notice it a lot more when I'm showering and later at night when I'm brushing my teeth for bed. I thought I read somewhere that it is one of the not so common symptoms of PD, but I can't seem to find it now. I'll post it when I do. Hang in there! ((hugs)) Connie "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 08/15/08  2:44pm
" I really can't give you advice, but I will tell you that my dad has PD and I see that after every meal (when I am with him), he coughs, has excess phlegm and nearly gags!! I have read that this can happen with PD, but I don't really know what that means and how to help it. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 08/19/09  7:29pm
" I have had this problen for quite sometime and it is terrible. I wish someone knew what caused it. I have tried several meds and nothing helps. I can't find where it is a PD problem "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 10/03/09  2:24pm
" My husband has a lot of phlegm that gets him up at night. He has found that the best thing is drinking, and rinsing his mouth with, Club Soda to clear his throat enough to go back to sleep. He tends to choke on it a bit when swallowing it but that brings up the phlegm deep in his throat. He has also used a 1/4 t. baking soda in 4-6 oz. water as a rinse. Drinking pineapple juice also helps because the enzymes break up the phlegm. Good luck with it. It certainly is an annoying part of PD. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 10/04/09  6:32pm
" I have had constant excess mucus for a year (PD for 8). It's annoying but easy to cope with. Try taking a decongestant when you really get tired of coughing.. Ironically, a standard PD med is Artane and one of the biggest side effects is dehydration. In small doses this totally alleviated the excess mucus problem.

Don. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 12/30/09  4:24pm
" thanks for your question always have mucus excess thought i was going crazy tried decongestion mucus relief products,but no luck sorry could not help you,but you are not alone -maybe someone has an answer "

Add Your Advice
Advertisement

More From Around the Web