Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Im tired of getting nowhere with meds
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
So ive had anxiety mostly caused by ocd from a young age. I lived near an airport ouside chicago. planes would fly by and a voice would tell me jump on the stoop or something bad would happen. I hated school with the anxiety it was hard to learn. always thinking this and that with anxiety i couldnt focus. then being in an abuisive home I would stare off at walls reliving what had happend that morning or night before. then the teacher yelling at me in front of class.being told i smelt of cat piss which i probualy did and the teacher moving me away from other students who raised their hands and said outloud in class. from a young age my anxiety grew. by highschool i would change clothes over and over to the point of lying on the floor exhausted and sweaty nervous of what to wear since i was bullied since middle school. through high school i ended up finding my place with the so called freaks and goths in school. i wore tripp pants and dark clothing. some made fun but most didnt. i felt i belonged for once. i had a group who cared and we were a clan. after high school though that ended. I was into the real world and judged again by my look. piercings tattoos ect. i felt the anxiety coming forth but i went on. but when i turned 23 it all changed. driving home from college i felt like someone had paralized my legs and was choking me in the throat. I had no control. I pulled over till it ended. I rushed to the hospital and they told me I suffured from severe panic attacks. this was nothing like anxiety ive dealt with my whole life. this felt like I was dying. so I went to my doctor. Ive been to so many and living rural its not alot around here. take this take that. nothing seems to work. they always come back. I dont know how I will be able to live this life without some relief from this life and living not knowing when these attacks happen or where. im 27 and im so fed up with meds and wrong meds im afraid to take anything new. does anyone take anything that has helped with these attacks. im on clonopin 1mg 3 daily, celexa 60 mg, trazodone 150 mg, and lamictal 150 x 2. any suggestions. when i go to the hospital they give me ativan shots and i feel like a new person maybe thats what i need. idk.
Posted on 04/18/13, 10:51 pm
4 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Panic Attacks. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 04/20/13  3:22pm
" help yourself by breathing deep and slow, avoid rapid shallow panting take more klonapin when a panic attack starts by dissolving a pill under tongue
a cheap self help book on overcoming panic attacks is usually more help than any shrink, IMO
trazodone nowdays is usually a sleeping pill but its an antidepressant and can cause bad drug reactions, do you really need it? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 04/27/13  10:30pm
" Hi Lucky: Actually what I personally discovered is that medication is but a small part of working on panic attacks. Therapy is another part and desensitization is yet another part.

Therapy can help you find what triggers are and where they may have come from. Not all triggers are clear as to the reason why.

Desensitization is extremely valuable, but it takes a lot of hard work. I have done that and have another barrier yet to work on. It means that if your trigger is going into a store:,
--for one week, you drive to the parking lot of the store and sit in the car looking at the store;
--for one week, you walk to the sidewalk of the store and stand there for 15 seconds and return to the car.
--for one week, you walk on the sidewalk within 5 feet of the entrance to the door and then return to the car
--for one week, you walk on the sidewalk within 3 feet of the entrance to the door and stay there for 30 seconds and then return to the car
--and you continue in tiny bits until you get in the store and stay for perhaps one minute, then build up to 5 minutes. Then you go to the middle of the store and build up, then the back of the store and build up. It's slow and difficult, but you push yourself. If you need to make it 2 weeks for each step, then you do that. It is part of desensitization and eventually it can help you. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 05/05/13  7:03pm
" I agree try taking a deep breath if you can. If you have water with you too drink some. Sometimes this helps me with my symptoms of panic, dizziness, and anxiety. I have never found any medicines that have worked and I have taken a lot but I know everyone is different in what works for them. I have heard yoga, meditation, exercise is good for anxiety. I hope you find the answers your looking for. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 05/13/13  11:59pm
" I've only been diagnosed with anxiety and PD for 3 years now, but in this short amount of time I have been on 4 different medications. I too wish that there was one med that would work forever, but I know this wont happen for me. Finding the right dosages are important also. My only fear is that one day they are going to run out of meds to give me. Is it just me that feels this way or are there others too? "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web