Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Seeking info on Ativan
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Good morning everyone. My doctor gave me Ativan yesterday to start using only as needed. I have taken Xanax a few times in the past but was wondering for you that have taken Ativan before or currently do, what side effects have you experienced? How does it make you feel? Does it work as well as Xanax? I know everyone is different and what works for one may not work for another. I just wanted to seek on some different view points on it. The doctor said that it starts working a little faster than Xanax does and that it lasts longer than Xanax. She told me to take one while I was at home when I knew I wouldn't be going anywhere to see how it effects me before taking it when going somewhere. So my mother is coming over later and I will try it while I have someone here with me and my daughter. Anyway. I will appreciate any information you can give me. Thank you!
Posted on 12/13/12, 08:29 am
4 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Panic Attacks. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 12/13/12  11:51am
" if you want to have control over your panic attacks and anxiety, take it. its safe and very useful, similar to xanax but as with all these valium type meds, it all depends on your dose "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 12/15/12  11:34pm
" For some reason the Ativan works a little better for me. My doctor just had me try the fast-acting xanax that dissolves in mouth; it was stronger and made me feel a little "out of it" and dizzy. I know everyone responds differently though. I just wish I could find the right maintenance med so I wouldn't need either! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 12/16/12  2:19pm
" to hopeful, lower the dose by splitting the tablet, as you get used to the ativan the dose can usually be upped
a pillcutter from pharmacy helps split the tablet
disolving the pill under tongue gives fastest help "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 12/16/12  4:00pm
" Thanks- I'm really hopeing I won't have to be on it too long. Just need to find the right med and more intensive counseling I think. "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web