Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Advice:
how high does your heart rate get during PAs
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I have situational panic attacks when I go to the doctor. My heart sky rockets between 130 to 150 and my blood pressure goes up when I get hooked up to the blood pressure machine. Anyone else do the same? How high does your heart rate usually go up to during a panic attack? I'm 28 and have been having panic attacks for almost two years. Had a full cardio work up but I still worry that I get my heart rate up to a work out level just sitting down. My resting heart rate is usually between 60 and 70bpm
Posted on 04/07/09, 10:12 pm
19 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Advice
Reminder: This is a support group for Panic Attacks. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Advice:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 04/08/09  3:12am
" tell doc you are an anxiety sufferer and he will understand, we anxiety sufferers usually get severe 'white coat syndrome' in waiting room and when seeing doc that raises heartbeat and BP a lot, docs are used to this "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 04/08/09  3:54am
" Panic attacks are not the same as generalized anxiety.

During panic attacks my HR has gone as high as 240, and my blood pressure as high as 200/110.

Somehow I made it through it, though I was sure I was going to die. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 04/08/09  10:45pm
" Thank you guys so much for the advice and support. It does make me feel better that I'm not alone with this. At times I get so worried that I'm over doing it, you know with my heart rate I will actually limit the activity that I do to try and keep my heart rate down. Very silly I know, just wish I could kick the habit! I hope you all have a wonderful evening and again thank you. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 04/09/09  2:36am
" you are not alone, i went to the doc last night and even then as i got near the ER door i felt my heart rate increase and i knew my blood pressure was going to increase as well. Until I told my doc about my PA she seemed a little concerned but once she knew what i was really there for she calmed me down quickly and i felt reassured soon after. my heart rate was around 130 or so amd my blood pressure was only slightly higher than normal. ALWAYS mention to your health care provider that you do in FACT suffer PA or Anxiety Attacks. it will make their own assessment more easier on YOU. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 04/09/09  12:38pm
" My blood pressure will be like 160/100 with panic attacks. Heart rate? Not sure, but over 100.
Normal bp 125/85, heart rate 85 lately. I've had periods where my bp stayed at 105/70 heart rate 70, and I felt like I couldn't exert myself due weakness of lungs or something. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 04/09/09  8:45pm
" Has anyone else experienced a heart rate over 200? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 04/10/09  1:49pm
" The highest recorded heart rate I had was 180 but before I got to the hospital I am sure it was higher then that. Nothing was wrong with my heart. I have had many ekg's,blood test and even wore the halter monitor for over 24 hours.Trust me you are not alone on this. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 04/11/09  4:32pm
" Nothing was wrong with my heart either, but heart rates and blood pressure that high over a prolonged period of time can be very unhealthful.

It is a condition that people should take seriously and stay on top of. Recovery is possible. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 04/12/09  1:07am
" the heart will sometimes hammer and thud and seem to jump around in the chest but the heart isnt harmed, its just getting a workout as if you were exercising hard

I had all of the above plus 20 years of panic attacks and at age 68 my heart is still good, passed a treadmill test recently

it helps to accept whatever the heart is doing, dont worry and try to ignore it

anxiety sufferers shouldnt monitor or listen to their hearts or take their pulse either "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 04/12/09  1:42am
" Harry, it often sounds like you had generalized anxiety and never had a genuine panic attack in your life. You sure dont seem like you have much empathy or understanding of what people are going through.

240 is a dangerous heart rate. However, I have underlying health conditions. Some people have purely psychological panic attacks, but mine are associated with other more serious health conditions. "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Advice
Advertisement

More From Around the Web