Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Recovery from Acute Pancreatitis
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Hello everyone. I was diagnosed with acute pancreatitis just about one month ago and spent 5 days in the hospital. I have no symptoms of it now, my blood work came back normal last blood test and I am on no meds. I never ate a high fat diet and rarely drink, take no meds to speak of and have zero risk factors for this. I think I must have passed a stone from the gall bladder and it got stuck in the pancreatic valve or something. My enzymes were 9000 when I went to the ER.
Anyway, I am recovering, taking vitamins, eating healty and trying to get back to life as usual. The one problem I am having is this incredible FATIGUE that comes out of nowhere and just zaps me flat. I can do about 1/3 of the amount of work I am used to doing before I literally have to lay down. I break into a sweat, become intensely irritable (my poor husband) and feel like I will fall over if I don't get to bed.
My blood sugar has been normal when it is tested. I also have a lot of body and joint aches when these episodes occur.
I am hoping that someone can shed some light on this for me..........I am thinking this must be part of the recovery process that no doctor told me about??
Thank you! Be well.
Roberta
Posted on 09/27/08, 02:51 pm
4 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Pancreatitis. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 09/27/08  4:39pm
" Roberta read my last journal entry I am suffering from the same thing. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 09/28/08  5:56pm
" I was wondering also how long it takes to "bounce back" from a pancreatitis attack. I got sick two weeks ago Sat. I thought I had food poisoning so suffered at home for a couple of days. I contacted my doc on Monday and the nurse said that if I wasn't feeling better by Tuesday I should come in. So I did. I ended up having to go to the ER for a CT scan and being admitted from there. Was hospitalized for 4 days. Have to go in for an ERCP in a few weeks. I am still so doggoned tired. I can work from home, but get exhausted if I go into the office. Any idea how long this lasts or when it will get better? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 09/29/08  11:14pm
" I am suffering from this excessive tiredness also. I thought mine was based on the pain meds I take since my pancreatic caused me to have several surgeries to remove infected pancreatic tissue. I was in the hospital for 5 months and have been recovering for almost 2 years. I am 90% my old self now but I still get tried from doing simple things that did not bother me at all before. I take pre-natal vitimans and eat health since I also have Type 1 diabetes and like you I did not drink or mistreat my body before I got sick. I wish I had some answer for you and myself but I seems to be a day by day process. You get your life back a little at a time. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 05/15/12  9:37pm
" Started feeling bad- loss of energy- loss of appetite - went to the doctor- CT scan showed an inflammed Pancreas- waiting for test results- for possible infection and followup- came here to see what others were saying about their experience and may be I could learn something about the mortality rate of this problem -if I can recover- or- can I expect to get worse and die soon. Who lives and who dies and why?
Seems like a lot of people are getting this, why? "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web