Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
no energy
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Hello All

I had my attack mid Jan 2013 it was severe acute
I went to the local hospital with stomach pains and had a drip and morphine in me within 1/2 an hour
They tried to get me into a city hospital after my first night but it took 4 days and i stayed another 6 days in the city hospital

I “WAS” a heavy drinker,drank beer from when i got home from work until i went to bed
I realize now i had a couple of minor attacks a couple of months earlier after eating nectarines,on the day of the big one i ate a nectarine after lunch two hours later i was crook

Anyway my question is has anyone had after affects eg- no energy,light headiness tired all the time

No Energy.....i sit in a lounge chair and my body feels like a lead weight

Light Headiness.....when i get up out of a chair i half blackout(not so bad now)....playing 9 holes of golf in a cart(no walking) after 6 or 7 holes i sort of half blackout after a swing

Tiredness....can have 8 hours of solid sleep and cant get out of bed,sometimes 10 hours

I would like to know has anyone else experienced the same or similar

Thanking You all very much
Posted on 09/21/13, 12:00 am
19 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Pancreatitis. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 09/21/13  12:01am
" Im a 52 yo male "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 09/21/13  7:51am
" Call your doctor, or go to the ER...

You didn't say if you are still having any pancreatic problems.. Are you able to eat & drink ok? Are you drinking enough liquids?

Not since my last attack a couple months ago which was also compounded with pneumonia, and a c-diff attack...Now I have been on TPN for 5 weeks and have a little more energy. Just now able to do dishes. No longer feeling like I want to black out, because I am getting some nutrition..

Take care.. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 09/21/13  9:24am
" Thank you MissSophie for your reply

I eat anything i want and drink lots of tea

The other thing i do is take grape seed extract pills

I had very little pain after the attack,i ate what i wanted and ate lots of red grapes
The grapes in the supermarket were getting very ordinary so i stopped eating them,then about a month to six weeks later i noticed pain at my pancreas
The pain was getting worse,i felt nauseas so i went to out patients thinking i was having an attack (false alarm)
After taking GRAPE SEED EXTRACT Pills for a week the pain was all but gone
After two weeks the pain has gone except when i sneeze

Now i have no pain at all

Maybe i should stop taking the pills to see what happens "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 09/22/13  12:01am
" I experience this also...almost exactly what you are describing. I starged a discussion, I think titled "General Weekness" about a month ago and I got a lot of replies. I am a 25YO female, former athlete. I walk up a flight of stairs and half black out...and after years of doing fine on 6-7 hours of sleep...now I get up after 9-10 hours and I feel like I would have gone ahead and died had my alarm not woken me....not to be dramatic, its just I was always a morning person...but I wake sometimes and my limbs are so heavy and I hurt everywhere, and mentally I feel like I am functioning at 4th grade level the first 30 minutes after I wake up....its like I wasnt meant to get up at all... "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 09/22/13  4:31am
" Thank you so much Cowgirl27411

Im coming up to 9 months since my attack and i was thinking i was the only one that had these symptoms

After a big night on the alcohol i used to be able to get up for work with no alarm no problems
Now i dont even hear the wife get out and shower,i can wake up and turn off my alarm be back asleep within seconds then wake up two hours later still feeling like i need more sleep(after 10 hours sleep)

I also have ringing ears

Thanks again Cowgirl27411 im sorry for eveyone that has these problems but at least i know im not the only one "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 09/23/13  11:15am
" "it is like I wasn't meant to get up at all". That is a very perceptive statement, Cowgirl. I sleep 12-18 hours per day and sometimes when I wake up I feel like I am in a coma or something. I don't feel real. I can see how you can slip into a coma. I was awake and not awake. That concerned me. I have panc/high liver enzymes/swollen spleen. Yes - this makes you tired and saps your energy. k "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 09/26/13  8:11am
" r u kidding that's my life I weigh 100lbs carrying 2 gal of water up the stairs is a challenge im 54 yrs old and had this for 4 years good luck "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 09/26/13  11:33am
" 4 years jeezzzz

Im 230 lbs how am i ever going to get the energy to lose weight ! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 09/26/13  3:30pm
" Hi All. I am 52 years old. I am still working although I don't know how much longer I can keep it up. Fatigue is really starting to cause me problems. I sometimes nap on my lunch break and ask my boss to wake me when my time is up. On my days off, I don't do much except play on the computer. I own every tool known to man and always worked on my own cars and did all home repairs. When I do the slightest thing, I am completely worn out. I don't know if it is the pain meds (Fentanyl patch 100mcg & Oxycodone 20mg prn) or the lousy pancreatitis but it is really hard to live with. I can't imagine not going to work everyday. I don't know what I will do with myself. Depression is setting in as well. This disease sucks from every angle. May God help us all! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 09/30/13  1:41pm
" Yes that is me as well...but I do get spurts of energy from time to time enough to where i can get to the grocery store etc.
On a side note just wanted you to know that Morphine can give you spasms of the pancreas when you are in a bad attack.....so the alternative drug of choice is dilaudid iv and works best when you are in the hospital. There will be a couple that disagree with me....but being a nurse and experiencing this myself i can vouch for what my gi dr said as well.
On the energy i take whey powder protein and make yogurt shakes for energy at times and it can help.

Diane "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web