Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Response Back Re: TP-AIT
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
There is hope!! Info below is for others looking into TP-AIT as well.

Hi diane – thank you for your interest. Glancing at your history, I do think that you may be a candidate for tp-ait……….the one issue is obviously that your heart is ok (I presume it is since you had recent stenting and thus the coronary disease is ‘treated’)

I will cc my colleague Dr. Harris who is also involved in our islet autotxp program and performs the pancreatectomies.

Take care, andy

Andrew M. Posselt, MD, PhD
Associate Professor in Residence
Division of Transplantation
Department of Surgery
University of California, San Francisco
505 Parnassus Ave., Room M-896
San Francisco, CA 94143-0780
Tel: 415-353-1473
Fax: 415-353-8709
Email: andrew.posselt@ucsfmedctr.org
Posted on 08/20/11, 12:14 pm
3 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Pancreatitis. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 08/20/11  11:21pm
" Great to hear! So did you have to be diagnosed with pancreatitis with ercp or anything like that first before they would try the surgery? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 08/21/11  1:54pm
" Diane,
I saw your post on FB! I am so happy for you that you got a positive response! I am praying for you. I hope that this has lifted your spirits hon! With the right medical team behind you, i think you will do well. You are a fighter and you are a very sweet and smart lady. ♥♥♥ "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 08/21/11  8:58pm
" Yay!!! I hope this works out and is the answer for you. I will be praying :o) "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web