Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Kava Kava and Manuka Honey
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Has any one tried either of these? Kava Kava has a relaxing effect and is a herb it is from a pepper plant. There have been some reports of possible liver damage but that is only if another part of the plant is used except for the root. I have tried it, since we can't drink it seemed really nice. I had some discomfort later in the day not sure if it was from that or the predisone I took for my sinus.

I have used Manuka Honey in tea or just by its self and that seems to calm my stomach. Has anyone tried that?
Posted on 03/31/11, 10:56 am
3 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Pancreatitis. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 04/02/11  3:25am
" i use kava kava for the times i start getting too anxious to function. luckily, that is only occasionally. it really does help me with that, though. makes me nice and calm without making me feel high. i've heard of the liver damage too, but hadn't been able to find out under what circumstances that might happen. i'd guessed it might be when people take it all day long, day after day, hoping for a valium-like effect. i haven't done the manuka honey. it's been suggested to me before, but i'm pre-diabetic, and extremely sensitive to any carbs at all - even whole fruits raise my blood sugar, so i stay away from honey :( "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 04/02/11  10:41pm
" I havent tried either one yet. I like using lobella and mints and peppermint oil to help relieve the discomfort in my digestive system from the pancreatitis issues.

For better billiary system health (where the pancreas is) I use dandelion (all parts), milkseed thistle, red clover and whatever else.

Im wanting to find gentian. It is said to be perfect for those with chronic pancreatitis. Ive researched it lots but it dont seem to grow in my area. At this time I have not found a bulk herb supplier that sells gentian. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 04/03/11  5:56pm
" Manuka Honey is pretty special stuff. It is a wonderful ally for digestion because it has an antibacterial effect in the gut without killing off the probiotic or "good" bacteria. You DO have to be careful if you have issues with blood sugar, but I love the taste and find that it helps a lot with stomach upsets. Best wishes. "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web