Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Advice:
PACEMAKER AND IPAD
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I need to know if the battery in an ipad will interfere with a pacemaker or diffibulator? I checked the specs on the ipad and they stated that the battery has to be six inches from the pacemaker. I would like to get another opinion on this subject.

Thanks
Maureen Fehrenbach
Fehrenbach16@comcast.net
Posted on 08/04/10, 06:17 pm
3 Replies Add Your Advice
Reminder: This is a support group for Pacemakers. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Advice:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 09/13/10  7:34pm
" Well..that sounds right. I was told not to talk on my cell phone on the side with my pacemaker. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 03/19/11  4:57pm
" Hi, You can have a cell phone and a Ipad. If you really are nervous about it on your next in office pacemaker check take the product with you and ask them to test it to see if it hurts you at all.
Holding the product right over pacer is a issue and you don't want to do that. If you feel weak or weird all you need to do is move the product away from you.
My cell phone sometime messes with me when i'm around multiple people that have them. I just place it farther away and am fine.
The hardest thing for me to be around is speakers or loud radios. I love music but, I have to turn the bass completely off to be comfortable.

Good luck at picking out you new gadget.

Tammy "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 03/23/11  9:11am
" I have an iPad and never even thought of it being a problem. I am glad I checked the site. I have been warned about the cell phone, and use it only on the right side. Thanks for this! "

Add Your Advice
Advertisement

More From Around the Web