Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Bone-Boosting 'Apple Bagel' Snack Recipe
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I found this delicious, bone-boosting recipe for a “bagel” snack that’s pH-balanced and good for your bones. Instead of a grain-based bagel, this round snack uses apple slices as the base and builds up from there with delicious bone-healthy ingredients. Apples contain a unique combination of antioxidants – both polyphenols and flavonoids – which gives them a nutritional edge over other fruits. I hope you like it!

Now on to the Apple “Bagel” Snack Recipe:
You can use trail mix, chocolate chips, coconut, or chopped nuts as a topping for your Apple “Bagel” if you choose not to use the Lawrence of Arabia Cereal Mix (shown below).

To make the Lawrence of Arabia Cereal, simply mix together the following ingredients:

1 cup rolled oats
½ cup sesame seeds
½ cup chopped almonds or pecans
½ cup chopped dates

And below is the recipe for the…

Bone-Healthy Apple “Bagels”

Ingredients:
1 medium apple, preferably organic
1 ½ tablespoons unsweetened almond butter
Raw, preferably organic honey to taste (optional)
½ cup Lawrence of Arabia Cereal

Directions:
Mix the almond butter and honey in a small bowl; place the cereal in a shallow dish.
Slice the apple crosswise into ¼-inch slices.
Using an apple corer or small cookie cutter, cut out the core, stem, and blossom end out of the slices.
Pat the slices dry and spread them with the almond butter-honey mixture. Then push the slices gently into the cereal, almond butter side down.

From the website: http://saveourbones.com/a-bone-heal...
Posted on 09/25/13, 05:27 pm
6 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Osteoporosis. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 09/25/13  6:35pm
" This sounds really good-will have to try it when I can find time to make it. One thing I have read before is that apples are rich in boron which is needed for bone building. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 09/25/13  10:26pm
" This sounds really good, and it's gluten-free so that I can eat it. Thanks for posting. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 09/26/13  10:44am
" That sounds so good!! I'm going to copy and paste it into my receipe
file. Thanks "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 09/26/13  10:52am
" Did you order the book? if so did you like it?

Deanna "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 09/26/13  1:19pm
" No, I didn't order the book....just got this recipe from the website. It does seem like a good site though. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 09/26/13  10:39pm
" You are all very welcome. shadowdance, this is really good. I had one this morning for a snack. Hope you enjoy it! "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web