Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
hair twisting
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Hi, I'm new to this group. I spend a lot of time over in the bipolar group. I'm wondering if anybody compulsively twists their hair? Is that a OCD thing? I have done it since I can remember and can't stop. I've had to cut knots out of my hair a lot and get headaches from doing it too much. Plus I feel ridiculous when I catch myself doing it around people, but can't always help myself.

Peace all,
whirl
Posted on 07/07/09, 12:23 am
2 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD). We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 07/07/09  11:36pm
" When my hair is long and curly I twist it a lot. I think it comes from me being nervous. Just something to do like squeezing one of those foam balls or rubbing a worry stone with your thumb. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 07/08/09  10:46pm
" Whirling,

Love your pic!! Heeerrrreeessss Johnny!!!

I do twist my hair to some degree but that involves my cutting it shortly after. I do pull and cut my hair to a very obsessive degree. I have not had my hair professionally cut in about 20 years. Do it myself.

The pulling out of my hair and twisting and then cutting it drives me crazy sometimes.

It really pains me to AGREE with THRASHY BOY, but he is right about it beinmg all about anxiety. You are driven by it to twist hair. Trichotillamania (sp) is considered a spectrum disorder of OCD. I have only heard of some very stupid therapies to deal with it (like sitting on hands). But that was years ago. I am sure they must have better BT for it now.

Good luck with stopping your hair twisiting.

Thrashes mentor and idol,

Tom "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web