Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Does anyone itch when you lose weight?
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I find that as I start to lose weight, I itch terribly in the areas I'm losing weight. Is that something anyone else has experienced? It's usually the 1st sign I have of weightloss, and it isn't pleasant. Replies PLEASE
Posted on 08/18/07, 08:41 pm
3 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Obesity. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 08/19/07  9:09pm
" That has not happened to me in the past. I get itchy, but never thought about it being related to that! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 08/19/07  9:12pm
" Hhhmmmm....I don't know....haven't lost enough weight yet to tell. I wonder if it has something to do with our skin shrinking back down. Kind of like when you're pregnant and your belly itches really bad as it stretches out. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 08/22/07  12:19am
" Your body holds a lot of toxins in fat cells. Used to be when there were fewer controls on pesticides, people who lost a great deal of weight very quickly would become ill because they could not eliminate pesticide and other toxins quickly enough as their fat cells broke down. Some people experienced nerve damage, rashes, liver damage, etc. Probably you are experiencing a mild form of this? Just means you are succeeding, and that your body is cleansing itself of accumulated stuff that shouldn't be there, maybe. I love and adore benadryl gel. I am the itchiest human being on the face of this planet and can't sleep without marinating in the stuff. Take care! "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web