Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
fat rash?
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
okay this might be gross and i'm sorry but does any one else get a red, like rash/ sore where there fat roll lies? what is it? and how do i stop it? I'm not dirty, i bath every day! and why does it smell so bad. It makes me feel so unsexy!. So if u know how to get rid of it or have it too, please share
Posted on 04/16/08, 01:44 pm
23 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Obesity. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 04/16/08  5:27pm
" I have had this forever since I was fat, and still am. I always hid it and never showed the doctor. i used Balmex and that helps a lot, but it will still come back. I finally had an appointment with my doctor and I happened to have one, so he saw it and well he told me that it is like a yeast infection sort of, and that moisture gets in the spot and creates bacteria which is why it smells, and hurts and won't leave, so he gave me a prescription for a blend of yeast cream and something else. I will have to find out cause you can get the two ingredients over the counter. It works really good. i used it two months ago and have yet to have a reaccurance. Also the doc said that after showering, or getting wet to make sure to dry those areas that rash that helps too. Good luck sorry to balb your ear off. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 04/16/08  5:35pm
" I get it bad under my boobs. The doc told me it was a heat rash/pressure rash. He said to us some baby powder on it to absorbe the moisture. Also he said to make sure it is really dry there after a shower and that you get the soap rinsed well. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 04/16/08  6:06pm
" This is a rash from the moisture and heat that is created from the rolls of fat touching. You can add baby powder or gold bond powder to absorb the moisture. You want to keep it dry and not add any creams. I know people who used diaper rash cream and that only makes it worse. Powder without perfume works the best. The perfume can irritate it... "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 04/16/08  11:29pm
" YES I HAVE BEEN TOLD TO KEEP IT AS DRY AS POSSIBLE.BECAUSE WHEN ITS WET YEAST BACTIERIA GROW IN THERE. THE BEST BET IS TO KEEP IT CLEAN AND DRY AND USE A CORNSTARCH BABY POWDER THATS UNSCENTED.YES THE SMELL IS AWFULL!I HAD ONE DR. TELL ME THAT IF IT GETS REALLY INFECTED TO USE AN OVER THE COUNTER YEAST INFECTION CREAM TWICE A DAY.I HOPE THIS HAS HELPED YOU. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 04/17/08  9:18am
" I've never had a rash and wondered why. I think it's because I do use powder every day and I wear cotton, which is much more absorbant than nylon. Maybe the combination will work for you, too. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 04/17/08  9:25am
" Hi, I think many of us suffer from this problem. You are far from being alone. It is a yeast/bacteria and it thrives on moist and dark areas. Baby powders tend to make the odor worse for me. (which is just my personal experience) However, I did find an excellent product at Wal-Mart and it works great. It is called Lotormin (sorry, dont know if I spelled it correctly) but, anyway, it is in the athletes feet section and it is a powder. It works so much better than corn starch or ordinary baby powders. It has an anti-fungus and a yeast medication that prevents bacterial growth. I have also tried the Tinactin powder spray. It burns when you first spray it on your skin, but, It works like a charm. The key to keeping the odor and the rash under control is to shower daily and keep the area clean and as dry as possible. Hugs, Becky "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 04/17/08  10:51am
" I've experienced this. When it flares up, I first try Gold Bond medicated powder and it usually clears it up. I also use a gel powder by Monistat that works very well. There's also an anti chafing stick called Bodyglide and I found it at Livingxl.com. I'm thinking for trying it on my thighs to see if it helps. Here's the description from the website:

Bodyglide® Anti-Chafing Stick with Sunscreen
Comfort for the speed of life.

Strong, effective and easy to apply, these three Bodyglide® products are trusted by top athletes around the world to not let skin irritation slow them down. The Bodyglide® Sun Screen Stick is two products in one—the trusted anti-blister and anti-chafing formula, plus the protection of a SPF 25 sun screen. The unique greaseless formula is also enriched with vitamin E and aloe to soothe and heal skin. Excellent for hot, humid weather. All Bodyglide® products are all natural, hypoallergenic, petroleum free, water and sweat resistant, won't block pores and stay where they're applied. No animal testing. Imported. Item #X1425 "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 04/17/08  1:36pm
" thanks tht was a great question! i am so glad to see i am not alone in this!!!! i use gold bond baby powder when it happens. i try not to use the regular medicated poweder cause it stings me! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 04/17/08  1:42pm
" HURRAY! I AM NOT ALONE! WHEEEE~I use deorderant and it stops it some. Great suggestions here and wow! What a response. Isn't it great to know we aren't the only ones? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 04/17/08  3:00pm
" thanks every body for the great advice, and support. I am so glad i know what is going on with my body now. They gold bond is working great! and if it stops i have all kinds of other alternatives. Thanks again everyone its great to know i am not alone "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 3 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web