Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
NF SSI / Disability
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Is there anyone here that is on SSI or disability
because of NF or do you have to have a million other things wrong with you and NF 1 is not enough

Susan
Posted on 07/22/07, 09:28 pm
10 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Neurofibromatosis. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 07/26/07  3:39pm
" I am looking into getting disability too. I have all the paperwork and I am going to the office tommorow, Its complicated... I don't know the out come but I will keep you posted. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 08/08/07  6:35pm
" I am at the hearing stage for SSI for NF. I am on state disability currently for NF.I got the tradional 2 tundowns for SSI and now await a dissission.It takes a LONG time.And it depends on how NF effects you.mine has put me into useing a cane and severe pain so I have state aid, no telling how the SSi hearing will come out.But I also has fibrmialga as well and migraines so I don't know if it will be decided on the NF or a combo of all of them.

Hope that helps "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 09/04/07  7:27pm
" actually I am on disability but I had to get a lawyer to help I applied the 1 time and was denied then I got a lawyer and he got me my disability "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 09/18/07  2:15pm
" I am faxing my stuff right now, and by thier definition..unable to do the work one is trained or suitable to do...I sure as hell can't work 16 hour days working as a chef again or at this time. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 09/19/07  7:17am
" I got ssi the first time around. All I had to do was send in my paper work, 6mo later I got a call saying I got it. I know that I am one of a few to get it the first time around. I do have NF, and a lot of other things wrong that are caused by the NF. As you probably know NF causes us to have a million other things wrong with us, it is up to our DR's to know that the problems we have are because of the Nf. Good luck to you. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 09/28/07  11:52pm
" I have disability. I had it twice the first for cancer which was from the NF and then they took it away when I went into remission. Then the second time I got a lawyer and it work. I also have other problems also. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 09/30/07  6:35pm
" I am on Social Security Disability, it took me more than 6 years to get it, I have pseudoarthrosis with my nf I have been in a cast or brace on my right leg since I was 6 months old, and they did not think that was good enough, despite the fact my legs are 2 different sizes. so god luck with it, I will keep you in prayers "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 10/08/07  12:42am
" I was also wondering what all you need to have wrong with you to get that. My son was just diagnosed but was already having problems. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 10/08/07  4:17pm
" The definition I got was "unable to do work you are suitable for or trained to do." Im a Chef and that's it, Im not sure what else they need. They are sending me to a mental health and physcal doc. Ishould know by The beggining of December. If your boy is under 18 or hasn't worked much etc. I don't know. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 10/08/07  7:04pm
" I dont know either about people under 18. I was hoping someone here would know. But we will hopefully know more next month thats when we go to st louis to the childrens hospital. "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web