Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
i keep bumping my head....
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Im not sure if this is related to EDS or poor depth perception, but I have a problem where i ALWAYS bump my head on things right next to me or directly in front of me that SHOULD be easy to avoid. I do it VERY often and dont just barely hit my head but hit it HARD. Not only does it hurt really badly but is pretty dangerous and REALLY EMBARRASSING and who knows what kind of brain damage ive gotten from this. Am I the only one who does this stupid thing?

-kim
Posted on 11/11/09, 04:21 pm
13 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Narcolepsy. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 11/11/09  6:56pm
" I am ALWAYS bumping into stuff. I noticed I was getting bad just before my symptoms came out... I might just be a klutz. It happens.

I bump into doors. Door nobs. Walls. Anything, really. Just this morning I was headed into the bathroom and I walked right into the door nob. That smarts. It's a regular event too. lol "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 11/11/09  10:50pm
" I bump my head a lot but not as much as my hips (like on tables and counters). Maybe I need to reduce the size of my hips. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 11/11/09  10:55pm
" Sorry hit the wrong button. I wasn't done. Tonight though I did the worst one. Hurt like crazy with tons of blood. I have mild cat attacks mostly facial. At the end of one I had bit my tongue so hard. Can't understand how I did it, because it was right in the middle and I bit half way through my tongue. My kids are used to my as they call it weirdness. But that one really grossed them out. Can't imagine they will follow in my footsteps if they can't handle the blood "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 11/12/09  6:28am
" YOU COULD CHECK YOUR VISION, GO TO A EYE DOC. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 11/12/09  11:47am
" Good recommendation, Xyrem. I, for one, am checked regularly-- just had my glasses changed in the summer :) I know that's not my personal problem but maybe it could help kimbi and others. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 11/12/09  3:04pm
" I was actually thinking about it yesterday...why i could possibly hit my head on things so obviously in front of me, and i remembered an eye doctor telling me once that i have a blind spot in my left upper corner of vision. And, thinking back on times I've hit my head i think its usually in that area. The EDS doesnt help me to do it any less though. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 11/12/09  4:06pm
" Kimbieaz, I've been wondering about the same thing since lately. It seems like I'm constantly bashing my head in to things I could have easily avoided. A week or so ago I walk briskly into a partially raised roller door that sent me sprawling across the floor - almost knocked me out. And almost every night a bang my head in to one metal beam or another at work. Its like there's a big magnet in the center of my head attracting it to make impact! I don't know the answer to your question but even "normal" people are more accident prone when they're deprived of sleep. So it sounds reasonable to me that EDS in people with narcolepsy could cause distance/depth perception problems. I seem to always have a bump or scab somewhere on my noggin'. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 11/12/09  8:59pm
" son always hits his head when he goes down if not caught in time to be lowered to the ground-- last month took him in because his looks and his behavior were different than usual -- had him check for a concussion everything was fine.. . "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 11/14/09  10:09pm
" I bump into things also...not so much my head as everywhere else though. Like tirednurse said, I do bump my hips into everything, hit walls or door frames walking. I bump my hands ALL the time reaching or grabbing for things, my knuckles are scraped up all the time from it.
I really hate it when I have days that seem to be pure klutz mode too! I drop evrything and it gets super annoying. I will grab, drop, bend to pick it up then get it only to drop it yet again. Things seem to fall all the time or if I try to prevent a glass from spilling for instance, I will end up duping it worse then drop the cup and it shatters. Anyone else drop things a lot too? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 11/15/09  12:24pm
" I drop things alot too. Some days are worse than others. Its really annoying to be holding something for a couple seconds and then just drop it out of nowhere. You feel like your holding it, and then suddenly its falling from your hands and you dont remember letting go of it. It really messes with your head. I also drop it, pick it up, just to drop it again like julieanne said. "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web