Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Stomach Trigger Points
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Hi everyone! I have posted about this in the past but wanted to reiterate something that had made a HUGE difference for me.
My stomach trigger points were acting up for about 4 months. I could not get them under control. This was causing my lower back pain to be horrible and stomach to always be in pain and uncomfortable. My doctors and I realized that the constipation I had (a side effect of Cymbalta) was likely causing my stomach to flare up. I went off Cymbalta, am no longer constipated :) and my stomach trigger points have cleared up!!! Right around the time my stomach cleared up, my chest area trigger points also got better.
The point of my rant.... if you are constipated and having stomach trigger point issues - do what you can to stop your constipation. This has made big big difference for me in my recovery and overall well being!
Posted on 08/11/11, 08:46 pm
3 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Myofascial Pain Syndrome. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 08/12/11  9:05am
" I think this is a very important point. Stomach trigger points are frequently overlooked and people rarely talk about 'pee and poo' stuff! (interesting aside - british people never take medication rectally, as they don't like it even though it works better than orally, whereas other nationalities have no problem with it)

The worst of it is that alot of the medication we're prescribed for pain is constipating despite high fibre diets. This is why I take digestive enzymes and acidophilus, as it seems to ease everything just enough.

I would actually advise people to keep some glycerin suppositories (easily bought without a prescription) to be used when badly constipated rather than straining the poor back and worsening those trigger points.

Hear hear to your rant! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 08/16/11  1:59pm
" Ground up flax seed is also good. Provides fiber and Omega what not too.

I have been working on my Psoas muscles every night. I have major trigger points right below my ribs on them. I don't think this comes from constipation, though. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 08/16/11  2:09pm
" My whole stomach area has been flaired up for about 4 months too.
I need to get on this site more to investigate and get it under control. "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web