Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Weird sensation in both legs
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
MRI is tomorrow morning. Hope all goes well for me. I have a question about my legs. Eleven years ago when I first started having symtoms I had a small area in one of my legs that didn't feel like the rest of my leg. It wasn't totally numb just felt slightly different. Now, as the years have gone by both of my legs feel weird. I don't notice it at all until I put lotion on or I am shaving. Especially when shaving legs, they feel different. I can feel them but it's like an extra layer of skin is on them or something. Can anyone relate to this or explain this? I had hard time explaining it to the doctor. I hope neuro won't think it sounds crazy because I will see him next week.
Posted on 09/10/09, 12:08 pm
7 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Multiple Sclerosis (MS). We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 09/10/09  9:34pm
" Most neurologists will understand that it is difficult to explain many sensations with MS and will not think badly of you. One of my first symptoms with MS was numbness in the calves of both legs. Went away, then it was just the right leg. Went away. Came back sporadically. Once, for a period of about 5-6 months, I could not take a shower. I had to take baths. It seems the vibration of the water from the shower made my arms numb. If I did not get out right away my arms eventually became useless. Removing myself from the shower solved the problem, but I hated taking baths for so long. I have not had this problem since, yet I am sensitive to vibrations upon the skin. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 09/10/09  10:57pm
" My first attack in 1996 was weird electrical sensations running up/down my arm. Then in 2002, my hands became numb and still are. This spring, some of my toes became numb. Also, I have started some weird unpleasant feelings in my L ankle, both elbows, both shoulder. These weird feelings are made worse if I ride on the back of my husband Harley but not if I ride my Harley. I think your neuro will not be surprised that you have weird sensations that you can't describe well. k "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 09/10/09  11:00pm
" easiest way i have found to explain it hon is that i can feel pressure but not feeling..they usually get it....grin...

luv
heather "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 09/11/09  2:29am
" Got the same thing. Numbness in legs and MRI today. Get off work in 6 hours and then take a nap on the MRI coffin. At least we know in the end what it will be like in the box. Not much room to take stuff with you. I guess that's why they say you can't take it with you. Numbness since July 8th. Kind of weird feeling. It's like walking on clouds. So this is what it feels like to be on acid. Too weird for me. Stop the world I want to get off. Good luck today. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 09/11/09  4:13am
" I have that all the time-I explain it as a feeling on my legs like the skin feels when you have had an anaesthetic wear off after being at the dentist. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 09/11/09  9:48am
" Thank you for all the replies and support. Just got back from the MRI. It was not like it was eleven years ago. Much more open. Husband held onto my foot the whole time and I was able to get through it. Almost had a heart attack at one point when I opened my eyes but tried to stay mentally tough and I made it through it. They also did an xray of my back and my neck after it was over. I feel like maybe this doctor knows what he is doing. Last time they did not do xrays of back or neck or anything. Now it is just wait and see. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 09/12/09  1:02am
" I get sedated when ever i have an MRI because after my first one there is no way they would ever get me in there awake again. I have the same numb feeling in my left leg and i just described it exactly as you said when i shave my legs it feels different to the rest of my leg. Like when you have a local aneasthetic. he understood and did a pin test on me. "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web