Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
5-HTP
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Anyone know anything more than the wiki or tried it? Can't find much about 5HTP and MS...

Thanks.
Posted on 08/05/09, 11:20 pm
2 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Multiple Sclerosis (MS). We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 08/08/09  2:23pm
" I found this link on the web. Seems to give basic information about the effects, effectiveness, etc. I have not heard of the drug and do not know much, but I hope this link helps.

http://psyweb.com/alturn/alDrug/5HT... "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 08/08/09  2:54pm
" 5HT works almost the same as an SSRI antidepressant. Instead of prohibiting the uptake of serotonin in your brain, and thus increasing the amount outside of the brain cells, 5HT is the substance your body uses to make serotonin. It gives your brain more serotonin to use without blocking uptake. It is very useful for depression, whether caused by MS itself or by the drugs used to treat MS. You should not take it with other antidepressants without the supervision of your doctor. Also, you should be careful of the amounts you use. Bottomline: effective for depression (low moods, crying spells, fits of anger, poor sleep) but can be tricky to use safely. (I use 100mg every day and can tell when I have forgotten to take it.) "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web