How to use DailyStrength
We're on Facebook
Check out our page
Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Bottom of my foot burns all of a sudden!
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I am sitting here typing on my laptop and it seems that all my pain has been in my left side today well now all of a sudden part of the bottom of my left foot is burning, it feels like someone is holding a lit candle under it or a match, its only on the spot under my big toe, about the size of a quarter, is this typical of MS? Its tingling now too. All these new sx are just coming all at once this week
Posted on 04/29/09, 12:46 am
7 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Multiple Sclerosis (MS). We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 04/29/09  8:13am
" yes it is a fairly common symptom. Last year i got beat up for like 3 weeks straight with a different weird feelings everyday. One day my foot felt like it was soaking wet (ALL DAY) then the next like you said someone is holding a match under your foot.

This should go away soon. (hopefully). I know it sucks. Im not really sure what works for everyone, but i know Lyrica helped for me ALOT. Im still on it because im scared to go off it. Vitiamins A,B,D i take everyday too. Feeling Great!

There has been some evidence the "acute attacks" have nothing to do with leading to overall disability. It the major flare ups that do. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 04/29/09  8:17am
" VERY common for me. Hot feel, cold feet, numb or tingling. They originally thought it was disc problems in my back, but when they really investigated, my disc problems were obviously not the cause.

If I exercise for over 30 minutes on the eliptical I get a hot right foot. If I walk to far I get tingling in my feet and they start to go numb.

Sometimes if I am just plain tired it will happen too. Try getting some rest or cooling yourself down somehow. Those things work for me. Also, a beer sometimes works for me too. Sounds weird, but it works for me. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 04/29/09  8:53am
" Hi gie68 ~ it's common ~ I hope you get relief soon!

Doesn't happen to me often ~ when it does, it's like invisible splinters running the length of a nerve from mid-foot to toes ~ a bed sheet touching that portion of my foot will set it off.

I only get it in my left foot, exactly where I had a Morton's neuroma (nerve entrapment) for years, but it's different. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 04/29/09  9:21am
" I get burning in my palms. It's a totally annoying sensation. It seems to come and go, though. Try a gel ice pack wrapped in a towel. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 04/29/09  8:28pm
" the bottom of my feet burn most everyday. feels like a sun burn. i've had this for over 3 yearsnow "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 04/30/09  11:44am
" The bottom of my feet feel like theyre on fire everyday. More at night. Like everything else Ive just learned to get used to it. Smoking a doob helps a little. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 04/30/09  1:16pm
" I get that a lot when I can feel my feet. I use ebson salt soak, then rub them down with a cooling lotion which helps some. I keep them elevated which helps. Not much the dx say I can do other than that. I know I used to have really pretty feet and now they are so dry and cracked, and it seems harder to keep up on them. It feels like someone is sticking pins in them one minute, burning them the next, and then running glass over them the next. I use the ebson salt soak to help with the burning feeling in luke warm water,,it helps the cooling off. Hope this helps. I hope you feel better soon. "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web