How to use DailyStrength
We're on Facebook
Check out our page
Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Miracle water? melaleuca? advocare? any input?
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I am reposting this because I realize the title I originally gave this sounded like I was trying to sell direct sales products.

Miracle Water?
Melaleuca?
Advocare?

Over the years, I have heard that all of these things can either cure or drastically change the course of my MS. And I know that if the scientists and research hasn't found a cure, none of these have either, I just wonder if any of these can help you feel any better day to day?

The only one that looks like it really could help me with over-all well-being is Advocare.

Has anyone tried any of them? I was just wondering because a friend has started selling advocare and I would like to have others opinions before she starts in on me. : )

Thanks all!
Posted on 04/24/09, 09:43 am
15 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Multiple Sclerosis (MS). We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 04/24/09  11:07am
" I looked at the Advocare site: http://www.advocare.com/Products/de...

I don't see any claims or testimonials there that have anything to do w/ MS though, & even if there were some, I wouldn't buy into it unless I know first-hand & personally of a person's 'before & after' situation ...

That said, I do use a product for weight gain to help build muscle mass & strength, on a presumption that I'll benefit if & when that ever happens ~ I can understand where theory comes into play ... "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 04/24/09  11:37am
" I hadn't heard anything specific to Advocare being a cure, but I am considering just getting some vitamins. But, I had been told by another MS patient that Melaleuca put her MS in total remission for 10+ years. Thought it was funny she told me this while I was in my wheelchair.

I just didn't know if anyone else had been told the same / similar about "miracle" products? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 04/24/09  12:25pm
" I think we're on the same page about benefits of improving our nutritional intake working towards an overall improvement in general ...

I did find an interesting broader speculation of deficient nutrition & its effects on MS (like I said, speculation, but backed up w/ some solid findings) ~ you may be interested in seeing excerpts & subsequent links here:

Part I~ http://adultstemcelltherapy.ning.co...

Part II ~ http://adultstemcelltherapy.ning.co... "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 04/24/09  12:35pm
" Thank You. The second article is true, but makes me sad. If there is no glory in that research, I hope there are those that aren't out for the glory. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 04/24/09  12:57pm
" You are right, Candace ~ I'm constantly wondering why more progress hasn't been made towards MS & heads-ups like that seem to be a grim truth, in part ... "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 04/24/09  1:07pm
" My thought is that I have found many things that are good for specific things, iron levels, vitamin D levels, natural energy, etc. I do not really believe anyone who makes claims that something is great for MS specifically, because how would you really know? I could take something and it just be by accident the months I was using it were also just going to be good months, or maybe during that same time the humidity was really low or I stopped eating dairy. This is such a changing day to day thing, and the things which effect us are so widespread. I would say that if something was going to have a good effect on you, that would be the question. But directly for MS, not so much, too many other influences and things that could or could not cause a reaction good or bad. Just my thought. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 04/24/09  1:11pm
" Thanks Pearlie! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 04/24/09  3:18pm
" I posted The disclaimer from teastomonials listed on their website to people they are trying to get to sign up as distributors. Their are a couple big points here one you should consult medicl advice before starting. So have you ask your doc what he thinks about product, This would help if he is willing to endors product.

The next red flag in testomonial discloser is that the results described here are substantially in excess of average results achieved by all Distributors during the same time period. This tells me thyat it is a bunch of crap to sell their product.

The following is the actual disclaimer from testimonial.
Personal testimonials reflect individual experiences of AdvoCare Independent Distributors and are not necessarily typical of the results you may obtain. Weight loss varies with individual effort, body composition, eating patterns and exercise. If you have a medical condition or are pregnant or nursing, AdvoCare recommends that you consult your healthcare professional before starting an AdvoCare product regimen. Earnings depend on a number of factors, including your individual effort and the area in which you live. The results described here are substantially in excess of average results achieved by all Distributors during the same time period.

So in my opinoin it's just a bunch of s@#t to sell their product. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 04/24/09  6:45pm
" I used Melaleuca products before I was dx'd with MS (I had the symptoms, just didn't know what the heck was going on). The products didn't make me feel any better or worse, and obviously didn't cure me of anything; I was finally dx'd last year. I agree with another poster in here-- it's just a load of bs, to sell a product. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 04/25/09  10:35am
" Miracle Water probably would not be a good choice, because it says that it puts the immune into "over-drive"! "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web