Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
MS rash
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Can someone tell me if there is such a thing as an MS rash?
I have just heard about this from someone with MS. I've never heard of it before now.
Anyone?
Posted on 03/04/09, 03:02 pm
12 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Multiple Sclerosis (MS). We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 03/04/09  3:35pm
" I have only heard of this as a side effect of meds, mainly interferon's, never as a condition of MS, but nothing about MS surprises me anymore.

Tim "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 03/04/09  4:01pm
" like tim said, from the ms drugs(the shots). i sometimes get them after my copaxone shots. i almost always get some sort of site reaction.
dave "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 03/05/09  7:43am
" Thank you for your imput.....last night I did some research on it, and found nothing.
Thanks (((hugs))) "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 03/05/09  10:34am
" I don't know if this is the same thing or not but i do get what i call a rash sometimes. Its really under my skin, my skin looks very purpleish and red streaks. Is that what you are talking about??? I've never been told what it is either. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 03/19/09  1:12pm
" I just want to thank everyone who replied to my question on a possible MS Rash. After talking to a friend who has Roseacia, and who's rash I can see, I'm almost convinced it is Roseacia.It is on my face, kinda makes a circle around my nose,outlining my cheeks and than through the middle of my chin. When I use to go tanning, this is not what I had in mind. O'Well! Just another perk of MS,I guess. Thanks again, Marny "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 03/19/09  1:58pm
" OMG! I was just looking over my medical records and came across the info concerning the RASH that presented itself before the relapse symptoms came on. They thought it was shingles but the virus didn't show up in my tests. Very strange and wondered if anyone else experienced this. It first presented on my lower back and I had trouble walking. Then it presented all over my right arm before I lost the use of it altogether. It really itched but did not have the pain that is associated with shingles. I am still very curious about it and the resulting neurological issues. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 03/19/09  2:12pm
" I started developing an itchy rash months before my diagnosis and though I havenít found any information on rashes, apparently itching is a symptom.

My Neuro didnít believe me until I emailed him an article from a medical research university that listed it as a possible symptom. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 03/19/09  2:34pm
" I have had a rash since 1994 on my face. I thought it might be Roseacia also. It covers over the bridge of my nose and cheeks but it also is a very fine rash that covers most of my face but your really can't see those areas. I finally had it looked at a few years ago as it became more noticeable. My skin doctor said it was Seborrhea - Seborrheic Dermatitis. She first asked me if I was dx with Lupus which I wasn't. I wasn't even dx with MS then.

I came across interesting facts about it in a case study:
A 58-year-old man presented for evaluation of a rash involving the central face and scalp that had been present for 6 months. Confluent patches of erythema, 5 to 20 mm in diameter, with gray-white, greasy scales were present in the eyebrows, nasolabial folds, beard, and scalp. The patient's history was significant for multiple sclerosis, which had been diagnosed 21 years earlier. His current condition was diagnosed as seborrheic dermatitis.

Seborrhea is more common in men than women and affects 3 percent of the general population. It occurs more commonly in older people who are bedridden or have neurologic conditions such as Parkinson's disease. Seborrhea also affects almost 85 percent of people with AIDS. There is treatment but no cure for it. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 03/19/09  3:37pm
" I have a rash that comes & goes ~ when it's visible, it's behind my left knee, on the outer edge of the backside. When it first materialized, it was there non-stop (years) until I tried shaving w/ creme rinse instead of soap or shaving creme.

It pops back up from time to time, but I can't specifically tie it in w/ flare-ups.

My reason for always wondering if this rash is MS-related is because it came about & then stayed when I'd experience an all-over rash after tubing down the river in the Hill Country, (where Mountain Cedar is prevalent, which I apparently have an allergy to) ~ the backs of my legs & the insides of my elbows got rubbed raw on that very rough cord that holds the seat-bottom in an inner-tube (& the inside of my left elbow maintained the same rash for many months as well).

In looking back, it's during that same time-line that I ceased being able to run, (literally!), & I get to a stopping point there when looking back on what might have been signs of MS before it was so obviously MS. Make any sense? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 03/19/09  11:03pm
" see my rash and lupus post sherra "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web