Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Support Group
This community is a place where members can discuss current events and weigh in on what's going on in the world.
deleted_user
Anybody out there had problems with the Thyroid?? Dx with MS in 2006, had a long road, but I'm stable for now, thank the lord. Next week I go in to have the uptake scan and then I have to take Radioactive Iodine to kill it, it is WAY over ACTIVE! Then I will be put on Synthroid for life.....another pill to add to the list...ugh! I was wondering if any of you have had to go through this and how it effected the MS....my only wish is that it would make it go away too...haha!
I have enlarged Lymph nodes as well, it could be the Copaxone or the Hyperthyroid. Has that happened to any of you on Copaxone? I'm so confused!! Rebif really messed up my liver..enzymes 6 times the norm, had to stop that...now this...any advice! Thanks you guys! This is such a GREAT place to go everynight, I hope I can share more as I learn more.
I have enlarged Lymph nodes as well, it could be the Copaxone or the Hyperthyroid. Has that happened to any of you on Copaxone? I'm so confused!! Rebif really messed up my liver..enzymes 6 times the norm, had to stop that...now this...any advice! Thanks you guys! This is such a GREAT place to go everynight, I hope I can share more as I learn more.
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
My 6mo twin DD's are EBF and just started rice cereal on the first. Everything has been going fine except this morning one of them had a diaper rash (lots of redness around her anus). I read this as one of the signs of an allergy. BUT I did just buy a different brand diaper yesterday (which they have used randomly before w/no issues). Do you think its the cereal or the diaper? Im ready to start...
Good luck to you....
That's just me.
Then I noticed almost overnight I gained 30 lbs. in 4 wks. then another 20 in 3.
I went to the Dr. ever other wk. insisting they check my TSH and T4, but they kept saying it was in the "normal" range. By this time I think they were going to commit me.
I kept going back because I remembered from nursing school the "range" was just a guide they went by.
So I finally got a different Dr. and asked him to do another test and check it against my TSH & T4 from 4 yrs. prior for him to go outside the box for me and he did.
It was still in the "normal" range but not for me. My normal was the lower end of the scale and it was at the higher end, not normal for me.
I did have hypothyroidism which is what I kept telling them and he put me on synthroid and all is fine now.
I don't think it had anything to do with the CO or the MS as my mother had hypothyroidism, my sister, and now my daughter and neither of them have MS.