How to use DailyStrength
We're on Facebook
Check out our page
Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Numbness and a tight pull in my legs - HELP!!!
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this? I get numbness/tingling in my feet and legs sometimes. I know that is a common MS sx. But this time it is different. I have numbness in my left foot a bit, but my whole right foot is numb. And it feels like there is a tight band wrapped around my foot, almost like an ace bandage too tight. And in my calf and thigh on one side it is tight and almost like something is pulling on my leg. It reminds me of the MS Hug, only it is in my leg.

Has anyone else had this in their legs? It is just a sx or an attack? I had a small attack a couple of weeks ago, and now I am wondering if it is turning into something bigger...
Posted on 10/24/08, 11:44 am
13 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Multiple Sclerosis (MS). We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 10/24/08  11:52am
" Sounds like spasticity to me, but, I would call your neuro to be sure. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 10/24/08  11:56am
" I'm not sure if it is spacticity, since the muscles are not flexed. There is just a tight feeling and a pull type feeling. Isn't spacticity when the muscles are actually cramped? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 10/24/08  12:16pm
" That's why I said call your neuro to be sure. I just went through this where I thought I was relapsing, but it turned out to be spacticity, and the muscles were feeling like my skin was pulling, and my arm and leg felt numb to me, But I could feel touch on it.

I always call the doctor or nurse when I doubt something. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 10/24/08  3:55pm
" This symptom was one of my forays into MS. It is like the MS hug around your thigh! I complained about it and everyone looked at me as if I was nuts. I feel your pain. Once you get the SoluMedrol and one of the CRABs it goes away but returns less in severity but there to let you know lest you forget you have this wonderful disease.

Finally someone shares my leg hug or as I like to call it the blood pressure cuff inflated that just won't quit! Good luck. Sorry, but it is normal for MS in some people. Even my idiot Neuro says he has had other patients complain of it (of course that was way after me when he said that I was imagining it).

Keep the faith, hopefully a "cure" is around the corner.
Judy "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 10/24/08  7:09pm
" Spasticity is when ur muscles are tight/stiff and u walk like Frankenstein. Mary Jane helps me with that and stretching helps too. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 10/24/08  8:20pm
" This has only started for me recently. My back and leg muscles have tightened up considerably and at night I get a horrible pain in my right calf. Sometimes it's in both of my knees. (Generally my symptoms are all on the ride side.)

It sounds like sx to me, but if it is the first thing that comes on after a long stretch of feeling normal it could be an attack.

I now do yoga stretches morning and evening to help with the tightness, and just had a massage this p.m. after work...which was soooo nice. :) "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 10/24/08  9:56pm
" I have similar tightness sometimes, its like a tight band around my knees. in my case its a sx, but if it gets worse and you are worried, it would be the best to call a doc. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 10/25/08  2:08am
" I WAS HOSPITALIZED LAST YEAR FOR THIS...IT WAS DIAGNOSED AS SEVERE NEUROPATHY...HOWEVER, I THINK THAT I HAVE CORRECTED THE PROBLEM BY TAKING A B-12 PILL SUBLINGUIALLY DAILY... "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 10/25/08  2:36am
" yes every time my husbands pawing on me. LOL
seriously though i have had this but before dx the tight pull went away but not the numbness "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 10/25/08  2:41am
" hey brat..heave you consiered getting the shot once a month instead of taking the daily pill?? i get the shot every three weeks to a month....saves on more pills...smile...just a suggestion...plus if you have a drug plan...it is covered...lol

luv ya brat
heather "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web