Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
wake up with numb hands?
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
every morning I wake up with numb, tingly hands. I can still move them, but it's very frustrating! Especially when I'm trying to put on mascara! or brush my teeth. Any one else with this problem?
Posted on 07/24/07, 05:19 am
49 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Multiple Sclerosis (MS). We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 07/24/07  5:55am
" Yes Darla, I do often wake with numb hands. I am wondering if it has anything to do with the way i sleep? I would make sure to list this in your notes for your doc though! Best wishes! dd "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 07/24/07  7:47am
" I not only wake up with my left hand numb it is also very swallon as well. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 07/24/07  10:13am
" Darla, I do have numb,tingly hands all the time. It is very frustrating, but like anything with MS, you do get used to it after a while. I can't stand for anyone to touch my right hand though. It hurts like crazy when anyone touches me. I don't wear mascara anymore because I'm afraid I'll poke my eye out and I got an electric toothbrush to help me with brushing. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 07/24/07  11:23am
" I also wake up with completely numb hands every morning, but luckily for me, it does away after just a minute or 2.

I am undiagnosed at this point
Christine "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 07/24/07  1:26pm
" I have a great deal of numbness in my hands when I wake up and between meds!
I'm thinking I am getting tolerant to my drugs and may need to up the doeasage. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 07/24/07  2:34pm
" I also thought that maby I was just starting to sleep funny and laying on my hands until I made a point to see if that were the case. It was not, definitely the ms. besides the fact it never accrued until after I started having symptoms. sometimes it's one hand, one or the other and every once in awhile it's both at the same time. and like someone else had commented, it go's away as soon as I start to move them around and stimulate them. good luck. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 07/24/07  8:00pm
" YES,DARLA,I HAVE THE SAME PROMBLEM SUM TIME I CANT HARDLY MOVE THEME AT ALL WHEN THAT HAPPEN THAT HURTS BADLY. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 07/24/07  8:28pm
" almost everysingle morning. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 07/24/07  8:47pm
" ditto for me - during sleep, hav'nt had it in a few months but when it strikes it seems to awake me and there i am with maybe 3 numb fingers or the whole hand - i can clear it always in a few minutes but i know its related to the ms "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 07/25/07  12:43pm
" Bingo - numb as can be.... oh, but lets see is numb better than pain. Cause numbness wares off only to than have awful pain in them.... afternoon not moving them for awhile numbness returns...aren't MS'ers fun ppl. :-) "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web