Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
walkaid or NESS L300 foot drop systems
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
hey everyone,

So I recently read an article about these FES (functional electrical stimulation) devices and became really intrigued. I really think I could use something like this to improve my gait.. though the price has me scared I'm really intersted in trying it and I'm wondering if anyone has any experience or success with these or any similar devices.

Here's a link to the article online

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/do...
Posted on 09/16/08, 01:43 am
9 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Multiple Sclerosis (MS). We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 09/28/08  11:01pm
" bumpty bump "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 09/29/08  1:50am
" Alright troops . . .

anyone have any input to give this person?

Does anyone here have one? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 09/29/08  1:56am
" sent her all that we have in a message as i have posted on it before and got no wear hubby has had it now for 6 months "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 09/29/08  2:07am
" I do know that one person here did try it in physical therapy, but the price was outrages...insurance would not cover for her.

She did say it helped her tremendously during the time she tried it. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 09/29/08  2:40am
" i know here in canada we have charitys like march of dimes..etc..etc..that help with assissted devices programs etc...but i also know that they wont help with the eltrocic ones...sigh... so unless you can afford it on your own...your left with the nice visable one...than nope does not come in the same color as the rest of my devices..alas red..grin..that sticks to your leg in the heat...sigh...at a nice low cost of a grand...sigh...

luv
heather "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 09/30/08  7:19am
" I have one - yes it was high dollar and the PT part was too. I don't necessarily walk any better- but with MUCH more ease. Pd. 500 a month for the device. DO recommend it if you can afford it. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 09/30/08  7:32am
" I don't get on here very often - so if you want more info - Ness 300 - email me. I really do like it. Don't work so I don't wear it every day - only if I go somewhere. Pd. every month til pd. off - through co. with no interest. Let me know. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 10/14/08  4:25pm
" I am an Orthotist with Hanger P&O. Our compnay is developing Walk Aide. I would strongly suggest that you try both before committing to either. I have fit numerous unit and have some amazing results. I work with PTs at a large rehab hospital who use Bioness. I know the Walk Aide is cheaper than Bioness but the decision should come down to how each unit will benefit you. We have received partial funding through the MS society. We also had church fund raisers aimed at reducing the cost. You can request info through www.walkaide.com or calling a Hanger office. We donot charge for evaluations and do not require you to have PT. This technology(FES) is reallllly cool. Try it.
Glen ggoranson@hanger.com "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 10/14/08  7:39pm
" I have a friend on here that has the walkaide. She has severe dropfoot and loves hers. She still needs a walker or cane but the device makes it able to lift her foot. It is not a device that will make a person totally walk normal again. She paid around $4000 for hers, I believe, and is not covered by any insurance at the moment. You can get a grant thru the MS society to help with the cost. She is on my friends list and her name is jhcamero. Send her a message with any questions you may have, I'm sure she'd be more than happy to answer your questions. Good luck! Beula "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web