Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
FEELING OF RUBBER BANDS AROUND ANKLES?
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Does anyone have this feeling? Every once in a while it feels like a rubberband is tightening around my left ankle. Anyone else?
Posted on 06/16/08, 02:09 pm
9 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Multiple Sclerosis (MS). We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 06/16/08  2:38pm
" yes, both my ankles hurt alot and feel like there's a rope tied around them. its so weird. sometimes they feel warm then sometimes they feel like there's cold water on them. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 06/16/08  3:02pm
" yes, my ankles and the knew area.... "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 06/16/08  3:07pm
" sorry meant the knee area..... also this weekend I had this funny stiffness in my hand my fingers would not bend....and it hurt so bad..... but soon relaxed and i could close it. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 06/16/08  3:37pm
" I've noticed my knees feel funny somtimes too. I felt like i was the only one with ankle & knee feelings. MS is so weird. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 06/16/08  7:03pm
" I have heard this referred to as tight band syndrome....so it is a well known symptoms in MS. I have not felt tightness around my ankles, but I have around my thighs and in my abdominal area (commonly referred to as the MS hug). It would be interesting to do more research on it, but I believe the tight feeling is due to spastic muscles as well as sensory changes. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 06/16/08  7:08pm
" I have had this all the way along.
I notice it more in my right ankle but it is really noticeable when I am tired and be on my feet too long or if it gets really hot. Resting and a cold pack alleviates the annoyance for me. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 08/19/11  4:28pm
" hi. i'm having this same problem. have you resolved yours? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 08/19/11  4:36pm
" Yep, ankles are just now starting to hurt! Like I ran for miles and hadn't ran before. And my hands/ fingers the pain and stiffness?? When I was driving in town back in march..they were sore and stiff..didn't want to let go of the steering wheel. That's when I went to the Rheumatologist as my dad has RA. All Rhuematologist tests including Lyme came back great! It has happened since..not as severe as that time though. And I get the tightening on ankles, calves, index fingers, neck, pelvis, big toes, they take turns. Isn't it strange?? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 08/19/11  9:28pm
" Camcar,
I have it around both ankles, I just had an episode and he the band sensation around my leg just below the knee. It gets tighter feeling and the loose for awhile but never goes away. Everytime I have a flare I keep the new symptoms, I also have more numbing on the right leg.
I'm sorry you are having this bs!

Kevin "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web