Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
ear throbbing???
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I have been experiencing nerve pain in my back and arms for serval months. I am taking neurontin, which has lessened the pain. But recently I am experiencing throbbing in my left ear when the arm and back pain occur. Am I nuts or has anyone had his happen to them? My fear is that it will effect my hearing. I'm going to try to call the neuro. office tomorrow from work. Wondering if anyone has experienced this.
Posted on 05/17/07, 05:59 pm
7 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Multiple Sclerosis (MS). We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 05/17/07  6:07pm
" I HAVE ALWAYS HAD THAT SINCE I WAS LITTLE. I HAD TO HAVE TUBES IN MY EARS SO I JUST THOUGHT IT WAS FROM ALL THE PROBLEMS I HAD WHEN I WAS A KID. NOT SURE IF IT IS RELATED OR NOT. WHO KNOWS! TAMMY. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 05/17/07  9:01pm
" I get a sharp pain in my right ear followed by throbbing then the burning pain on that side of my head and from my shoulder down to my fingers. It's so frustrating. I swore up and down I was getting ear infections this year, and each time nothing wrong.. My neuro requested I have a hearing test done to establish a baseline and see if I did have any hearing loss, which I didn't. Ask yours if you can have one too. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 05/17/07  10:47pm
" this is so wild this topic came up, for six months I have had this in my left ear, throbing and or sharp pain. never any infection. It dosnt stay long so I've never said anything to my neuro. last week I was driving home from work and it felt like someone stuck a sharp object in my ear and was stabbing me in the ear, and again didnt last long but was the most painful. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 05/18/07  1:04am
" i kept going to the doctor this year compaining that my ears hurt, buzzing and burning but just like alot of the other no infections. i though i was just going nuts.
april "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 05/18/07  11:13am
" Glad to know that is not just me going nuts! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 05/18/07  11:22am
" Wow. I had no idea that my ears hurting could be connected to this thing! I haven't connected it to any other signs, but I have been in three times in the past few months for ear infection only to turn out that there was none. But man did my ear hurt! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 05/18/07  11:31am
" I did contact my neurologist today and they believe that the ear throbbing is related to nerve pain. I was told to increase my neurotin from 2 300/mg at night to 3 300mg at night and see if if the ear throbbing subsides. I was also not to be concerned about hearing loss unless I hear 'ringing' in my ears. "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web