Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Is it MS or something else
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I'm newly diagnosed with MS and am not sure, sometimes what is MS and what is something else. Recently, I work up in extreme pain, like I haven't felt in YEARS. No fever. When I felt like I was burning up, my temp was 96. I had vertigo and was scared to death. No nauseous or yummy problems. It lasted about 12 hours and gradually got better. About 24 hrs in all. I called th Dr to see if icould be side effects and he said it was probably a virus and not medss. Here's my question. Does MS, alone, behave like this, does MS make a "Little virus "that helacious or was it a fluke? Just don't know what's what anymore.
Posted on 09/22/13, 01:23 am
9 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Multiple Sclerosis (MS). We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 09/22/13  2:46am
" What meds are you on? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 09/22/13  7:37am
" For MS, I'm on Baclofen and Ampyra. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 09/26/13  1:19am
" It is very difficult to tell what is MS symptoms and what is not. The symptoms you describe are symptoms of MS. If the symptoms last for more than 24 hours it most likely is MS rearing it's ugly head! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 09/26/13  2:28am
" Sorry you have MS.
It sounds like you are getting good help. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 09/29/13  6:45pm
" Thanks for the information! :-) "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 09/30/13  12:43am
" One time, several years ago, I have what I called vertigo. My entire world would spin. It happened a few time when I was driving. It lasted for several weeks then one day it was gone. Relapse? I don't know. At this time I wasn't taking any medications to blame it on. There are so many weird side effects to this disease. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 10/01/13  3:08am
" Vertigo for 24 hrs is a suspect. If you had one for a few hrs and it went away i would suspect a peripheral nervous system involvement- not ms. Little virus theory sounds like bs "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 10/08/13  11:28am
" Vertigo is not uncommon with MS. Luckily, it usually goes away. Re the pain, I am not an expert on that and don't have it so I can't tell you anything about that. But there are a lot of people who have pain on this site and have a subgroup about pain.

My temperature is usually about 97.something. It is a little on the low side. Don't know what it is caused by. But I don't feel bad from it. I only feel bad when it rises.

Baclofen don't usually cause those problems. I was on Amprya for a while and didn't really have side effects but it didn't help me either so I gave up. But it did make tingling feelings in my calves. So I finally decided it wasn't working for me.

I am surprised that your doctor didn't give you any therapy drug, like Rebif, or Avonex or Copaxone or one of the new ones that come in pill form (sorry, I can't spell them). "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 10/09/13  12:03am
" I start shaking when I woke up about 15 years ago passed it off then about six mouths ago my right side started tighing up so tight well since I had have back surgery they the doctors thought it was my back now a week ago I started tighten up again plus started shaking so hard it takes my breath away. the best part is if I shake during the day I dont have a bad spill at night..the other wierd thing is i feel out of my head Ms runs in my genes can anyone plz tell me if this sounds anything like Ms? "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web