Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Support Group
This community is a place where members can discuss current events and weigh in on what's going on in the world.

lorrieonline
MSG can trigger MS flares. It is hidden in our foods under a variety of names and it is in most every processed food on the market. Don't take my word for it though. Have a gander at some of the research that's been done on this for a number of years now.
Just some of the hidden names:
http://rense.com/general92/hidename.html
Connection between MS and aspartame:
http://rense.com/general53/ms.htm
Russell Blaylock MD presentation on excitotoxins:
(excitotoxicity = nerve cells committing suicide)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTSvlGniHok
I find this extremely interesting and so much so, that I'm going through my cupboards and refrigerator YET AGAIN to see how many things have MSG in them. I just don't think it's worth the risk to have any of this in the diet.
Please take a look and see what you think. I think it's worth the time. (These are just a few of the many links I've been scouting that past couple of days.)
Just some of the hidden names:
http://rense.com/general92/hidename.html
Connection between MS and aspartame:
http://rense.com/general53/ms.htm
Russell Blaylock MD presentation on excitotoxins:
(excitotoxicity = nerve cells committing suicide)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTSvlGniHok
I find this extremely interesting and so much so, that I'm going through my cupboards and refrigerator YET AGAIN to see how many things have MSG in them. I just don't think it's worth the risk to have any of this in the diet.
Please take a look and see what you think. I think it's worth the time. (These are just a few of the many links I've been scouting that past couple of days.)
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
My 6mo twin DD's are EBF and just started rice cereal on the first. Everything has been going fine except this morning one of them had a diaper rash (lots of redness around her anus). I read this as one of the signs of an allergy. BUT I did just buy a different brand diaper yesterday (which they have used randomly before w/no issues). Do you think its the cereal or the diaper? Im ready to start...
http://www.dailystrength.org/groups/loved-ones-who-support-someone-with-ms/discussions/messages/14076608
PS chlorinated sugar called sucralose is also known as SPLENDA.
Best thing I ever did for myself was to take responsibility for what I shove in my gob hole. I feel so much better. I look better. I have dropped a ton of weight and again, have hope for tomorrow.
Anne8: You're so right! It seems the stuff is in everything. Yes, I did listen to the whole thing and then a few more. Had to laugh at the first attempt since I couldn't place who he sounded like and then it occurred to me that he sounds a bit, to me, like Jeff Foxworthy, lol.
EP: I thought we had seen some of this before on here. Should have known you covered some too. I just can't believe how everything has MSG in it, and he particularly mentioned SOY.
Dejibo: soups are at the top of the list. He said Campbells is the worst offender. Scary thing is that we may not have reactions to MSG like those who have allergies BUT, years later it can come out. (alzheimers, immune problems, etc.)
Thank you, EP!!!
http://www.dailystrength.org/groups/loved-ones-who-support-someone-with-ms/discussions/messages/14076608
Yeah not to mention Monsanto's genetically modified organisms (GMOs) and chemicals are everywhere.
Plus MSGs have about 20 other names it goes under. If something is 98% MSG + 2% something else they can call it something different and claim there are no MSGs in them.
Kinda like when you look for splenda [cholrinated sugar () ; ] on the label and don't realize it also goes under the name of sucralose.
They make it so hard to try to get rid of these things from our diet.
Thanks for the post.
There is so much about this disease we don't know grrr.
But higher glutamate is stimulatory to the brain and since their levels rise in MS it would be good to avoid it where you can.
Best wishes to all,
EP