Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Vision Problems
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Hi there

I wonder if someone else has the same issue with their vision. I am still working full day, but have noticed in the past three weeks, that I start of being able to see my screen, but as the day progresses, my vision deteriorates and the screens become blurry/foggy, I have had to set my Spreed Sheet background to yellow and enlarge the font in able to assist with me being able to see detail, but by two pm, my brain does not even want to focus anymore and trying to work becomes more difficult.

I would appreciate any input you guys can provide. My Dad had MS and was completely blind when he passed, my mom is still around, but we have no contact as she has mental issues and I cannot allow her near out Autistic Daughter.

Really scared at the moment.
Posted on 05/07/13, 03:46 am
8 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Multiple Sclerosis (MS). We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 05/07/13  4:48am
" You could see an opthalologist (not an optometrist!) who will check the back of your eye. MS has often been discovered thru eye examinations . "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 05/07/13  5:01am
" Thanks Orsova,

Seeing the Ophthalmologist on Friday, she actually was the person who diagnosed me in 2010 with MS.

Not sure if this is another relapse of Optic neuritis, it is in both eyes, eye pain in both eyes from time to time, not quite the same symptoms I had the last time I had it. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 05/07/13  5:07am
" Hi Rincewind. I, too, struggle with vision issues. Sometimes mine are really bad in the morning and sometimes they deteriorate throughtout the day. It is difficult to know what is exactly related to MS and what is more eye strain. When my eyes start to bother me throughout the day, I always try to rest them for even 5 or 10 minutes. Like you, I work full time and spend my day in front of a computer. When they are particularly bad, I just take my break time to sit with my eyes closed or even to just get away from the screen for a few minutes. It certainly doesn't make it all better, but it helps a little bit. You might also think about lighting. I find that certain kinds of light affect my vision more than others.

I hope this helps you. I certainly feel your frustration on this one. All the best to you and your family! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 05/07/13  5:59am
" Hi Ray2006

Thank you, will definitely take your advise.

Appreciate the input.

Hugs "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 05/07/13  11:25am
" I agree with Orsova "see an opthalologist (not an optometrist!) " Some can do a 5 min OCT scan with specialized equipment (no shot or dyes) to see optic nerve deterioration. You may need to go on steroids to reduce inflammation of the optic nerve. This sometimes helps with this condition.

My hubby had this Nov-Dec 2004 but it went away and did not come back. I hope this is the case for you.

Best wishes,
EP "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 05/08/13  7:18pm
" You should see a neuro ophthalmologist
I found out that all of the mlyne sheath is off of my optic nerves it has effected my vision. Also found out I have trouble seeing some colors whey they are together . I have been referred to the CNIB (canadian national institute for the blind) they also do consulates for low vision. They have special soft ware to help you use your pc
it is something to look into
keep your function as high as possible for as long as possible.

I also did some research about taking steroids for vision problems they do say that it "might" help you get over the flair quicker but for long term it says stats show the down hill slide will be quicker

there is a supplement that helps some eye problems I do not know if it will help for this but it will not hurt.
it is called "Blue berry, Eyebright" it is in a purple box with a silver tree on it from "Nordic" it is high dose Lycopene which is shown to help eyes it has helped my Hubby to improve his eyes very much

Take Care "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 05/08/13  7:38pm
" I'm nit sure if what I'm experiencing is ON but the vision in my levy eye has gotten very blurry lately, the muscle at the top of my eye tends to ache quite a bit too. My eye also burns t times and my eyeball feels weird....almost like its swollen. There are imes where the peripheral vision in that eye seems to have a whiteness or fog to it. Does this sound lime ON? I have an optometrist appt next week in order to be referred to an opthamologist. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 05/09/13  9:04am
" Can you take a break about 1 PM - before your symptoms reach the point of no return? Sit or lie down with no or low light with your eyes closed. It might help you get through the rest of your day.

Employers are required to make reasonable accomodations for the disabled. This sounds like a reasonable request. "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web