Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
how do I get it back??
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
My fatigue has gotten so bad, I can't get out of the house or get anything done . My poor boyfriend is being left out too. I used to be able to have a good day here and there, but now that's gone. What can I do to get some energy back ? I lay around alot but then I do get up and do light housework but I only last 30 minutes . I'm getting depressed about this . Grip !!
Posted on 04/10/13, 09:34 am
7 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Multiple Sclerosis (MS). We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 04/10/13  9:38am
" Exercise is a natural "pick me up", but I was also prescribed Adderall for the days when I NEEDED that energy. I have the script but only use it on days I know I really need to be energized. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 04/10/13  6:12pm
" See if you can try Nuvigil or Provigil. I tried Nuvigil once and was so amped up ALL DAY, I thought I would never calm down. I was doing 15 things at once, although I can't recall what those things were, or if I did them correctly. It might be worth a try.

Sometimes, when your fatigue is so horrible, exercise is not an option.

Best wishes! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 04/10/13  9:16pm
" I've been in both places. Wiped out to extent I can't move.I call this profound fatigue. There are times I am so exhausted by the very thought of getting to the Dr my body scream No!! but my brain yells get up and move.

And sunshine and fresh air do wonders. I tried Provigil - a little help but gave me insomnia. Ritalin didn't work for me. Actually there is no quick fix but good nutrition and acupuncture have done wonders too. .

You have to keep trying solutions-deep breathing eg (oxygenate) or yoga even-till you find something that works. Fatigue can go in cycles too.

Best,

Melanie "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 04/10/13  9:20pm
" PS What I forgot to say is sometimes it is mind over matter.when my brain screams get up i do. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 04/11/13  2:44am
" I have been through some oh those similar bouts of mind numbing fatigue. It was something that I had a lot of trouble describing to people including my Dr. I empathise for sure. Finally I did start taking Provigil and have for the past few years. No funky symptoms for me, I can still sleep on command prettymuch! But don't fall asleep standing up anymore. I struggled with insurance coverage but worked with my dr. also it is possible to get free from the company if you have a script and meet income limits.
Always, talk to your Doc and keep talking until there is a solution.
Best Wishes and hang in there, this too will pass. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 04/11/13  2:04pm
" My neuro says exercise the best thing for fatigue but he has prescribed me amantadine for those days I need extra help. Hang in there. I hope you regain your energy back soon. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 04/11/13  2:24pm
" I am a firm believer in vitamins an a good diet(yeah, I may be the worst). I have also found that getting up at the same time everyday, no matter how bad or good I feel, makes a big difference.

I have not found any drugs that help me very much when I am beat, though i am addicted to caffeine. :) "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web