Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Nerve vibration/ Humming
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Does anyone else out there experience this. It is like a humming in the head and body. Loud music makes mine worse. I take Zanex to deal with it, but it doesn't always help so they are putting me on Cymbalta. It has happened at each relapse but gone away, except for the last and now it stays. The Neuro says he doesn't think it is MS. I disagree.
Posted on 04/18/07, 07:51 am
11 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Multiple Sclerosis (MS). We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 04/19/07  12:54am
" I have the humming all over my body. Driving me crazy! See doc 23rd "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 04/19/07  7:44am
" I have called Shared Solutions about it and they suggested I contact the MS assoc.
Which I am today. My Neuro keeps saying he doesn't think its the MS, but I feel different. Started the Cymbalta and it definately helps. Just can't sleep so need to take it early in AM. I am thinking about changing Neuro Doc's, I need one that will listen. Good Luck with your appt. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 04/19/07  1:57pm
" I have buzzing/vibrating sensations in various parts of my body. The first significant spot that really stood out was in the right ear canal about 2 months ago, then to my right hip, etc... I had noticed about a year ago that I was having a "bubbly sensation" in my abdomen but thought that it was just gas, or had to do with my acid reflux disorder (which by the way, is also getting worse!). Anyways, now that I'm having a more distinct buzzing/vibrating sensation on skin, ear, hip, etc, I've come to decide that it (bubbly sens.) was one in the same type of symptom all this time. In fact, I feel it in my abdomen alot now. One day I was driving home from work, and felt it all over my body...now that was really weird!
~ Tonya "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 04/19/07  10:29pm
" I talked to the MS Society today and they have heard about it from other MS patients, so I feel better about it. I am sure I need to find another Neuro who will at least listen to me and not suggest I see a Shrink or Ear, Eyes and Nose Doc. The Cymbalta does help, but makes me feel so werid and stress out. Can't sleep. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 04/19/07  11:59pm
" I think that is what I'm having in my arms. I thought maybe it was mild tremors, really bugs me when I'm tring to sleep. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 04/20/07  12:57am
" i get it mainly in the summer when it is hot out..or if im tierd...my ep neuro who i used to tell about it... i used to tell him to feel me...grin...(meaning my arm) because i could swear that other people would be able to feel it as well,, told me to eat a banana a day...sigh... he said it was potasium deficenciy...so i had my family dr. check that out.. potasium was fine but now i have a monthly b-12 shot every month...sigh....lol
Think next time i will just not say anything....mind you that boost of energy for a week or so a month is nice...grin "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 04/20/07  2:10pm
" I'm so glad you posted this! I've felt kinda weird asking about it, hard to describe. I've said I feel like a cat purring, but it never shuts off! It seems to center in my back, but has gone to my arms, & legs, sometimes my head, & even my nose! Feel like Bewitched!! LOL! I always hope it can't be seen. I too like Heather have asked my husband to feel my arm or leg, but he says no. What a strange symptom, eh??? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 04/20/07  3:26pm
" YOU ROCK MARGO !!! Thank you for posting this...now i dont feel as crazy as the docs are making me feel. I get this viberating feeling in my head,left leg and left arm a lot and then sometimes it travels to the right arm.Im on a whole slew of meds and none are taking this away.It drives me nuts sometimes because it dosent hurt or anything its just irritating.
Tara "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 04/20/07  3:37pm
" Now I know I am normal "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 04/20/07  11:42pm
" Interesting....I don't recall the sounds but who knows when you have so many symptoms but you did mention how loud music makes it worse.
I find when I am especially tired that loud or even noises that arent too loud just pierce in my head and like echoes ,I dont know one of those hard to describe feelings but does drive me crazy!!! I use to be on Cymbalta but stopped it a couple months a go or so, now I can't recall if it happened back when I was on it or not???
Hope you find relief with the Cymbalta!
Best wishes..... "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web