Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Hollistic Doctor.
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I had the most amazing appointment yesterday on the coast. I went and saw Dr. Carmelo Plateroti www.plateroticenter.com I was actually listened to and talked to like a equal. Ive never had a doc spend 1 1/2hrs wanting to know everything about me. I was surrounded by trees and flowers, fountains and aroma therepy. He discussed CCVSI a little with me and took me down the LDN road.

My diagnostic was having to hold onto these two brass sticks (one in each hand) attatched to a computer. What this machine did was test my entire bodys internal balance to see what was off. It tested my spleen to my Va jay jay. lol After a 15 minute diagnostic the computer was able to say the things that were off in my body and it was pretty much everything that I have been having problems with. It did show that my thyroid is off a bit. He then took serveral vials that were filled with different homeopathic rememdies and one by one placed them on top of the machine until one read that it was compatible to my body and had a 84% effective rate on my symptoms. (I am just amazed by technology) This re[port also let him know what type of blood work to test for.

I was then given a shot of B12, a months supply of multi pack vitamins and minerals, Calcium/magnisium powder to turn into tea, and my "medicine " that is 9 drops under my tongue 2x a day. Im getting blood work done tomorrow. I was also given a adrenal cotton swab test. They look like little tampons that you place under your tongue to collect saliva and I do this 4x through out the day and then send it off. I was also called in a script for LDN to start this weekend.

This was amazing and I am so excited to see how my body reacts to everything. I am also incorporating my scalp accupuncture treatments and he was very supportive of the cannabis use for pain and insomnia. Starting tomorrow though I have to be on a very strict No Gluten and No Sugar and very Limited Dairy plan.

Im sure alot of you know most of this stuff but for those of you who are new, please try and incorporate Tumeric either capsuals or food into your diet. Its a naturual anti-imflamatory for the body. Also please take your vitamins and fish oil.

I will keep everyone posted in my journal entries and if anyone has any questions or if your interested in anything please drop me a line...

xoxoxo Jen
Posted on 08/24/10, 09:59 pm
22 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Multiple Sclerosis (MS). We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 08/25/10  12:03am
" A few years ago after trying many different treatments and only getting worse I decided to give a that a try. The guy took a urine and a stool sample and ran the test to see what my body was lacking. We talked and unfortunately I found out that the guy didn't know dick about MS :-( What a waste of time and $$$ that was. Im glad u r having success. I am going to follow ur progress closely and depending on how well u do I will stat following ur tips. Even though u live a million miles away from me I trust u and will pick ur brain if u don't mind. Oh! & if ur hubby doesnt mind either. If he does just tell him Im just some loser from the east coast with a bad case of MS.
My 1st question for u is if u guys talked about depression. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 08/25/10  1:27am
" Your funny Fred.. You are far from a loser!!

We skimmed on the depression talk especially when talking about my dads sudden passing when I wept like a baby. ; ( Im very sensitive still when it comes to any discussion about my dad but in general Im not depressed well atleast I dont think so. Anywhoo his only concern about the Cannabis use was that it can cause depression if used in excess and too much Gluten and Sugar in the diet can really bring you down emotionally and then ofcourse liquor. I do get down sometimes but I try to get a little sun and do a little yoga / meditation and that usually does the trick.. I hope this helps. : ) "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 08/25/10  1:54am
" Hey Nahlie...

Did your doc mention anything about using Melatonin for sleep...good, bad?

And one other thing, did he say anything about if you could use flax oil instead of fish oil?

Ooops, one other thing...are you going to be limiting any meats, like less red meat?

Anyways, it sounds very exciting...so now we need updates and progress reports. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 08/25/10  2:16am
" Out of all of those things Miss Nikki we only discussed meat, but I did just put all of those questions on my list for next month so I will definately find out.

As far as meat goes he said to try and limit my red meat consumption and only buy Organic. Actually he said that if its not Organic then stay away and definately never step foot in ANY fast food places. That crushes me because I cannot goto Chi town without going to White Castle, I love me some sliders..lol

The mulit pack vitamins that he put me on contains 8 pills... 3 mulit vitamins with minerals, 2 dark brown Omega 3. 6, and 9, 1 Tumeric plus Capsual, and 2 yellow Allergy factor tablets. He also instructed me to add 3 fish oils and 2 more Tumeric.

After getting my blood work back he said that he will probably add B 12 shots that he wants me to inject into myself, Iron and Vitamin D. He wants to see what the Blood says because he might just give me B 12 tablets that I put under my tongue instead. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 08/25/10  2:27am
" Well, thank you, Nahlie!

I use the flax oil because it is vegan, and I actually get the liquid oil, like one spoonful a day.

I kind of figured that on the red meat, dang, none of your favorites left. I will PM you about some good gluten free things that you can kind of spice up, and they are delicious.

Sliders, you can have them all! I swore off the murder burgers in 1983. I went to WC one night when I was pregnant, and it was one of the few times I really felt sick. Despite that, I tried it once or twice again,and I don't know, maybe it was the mind saying "yuck" because of how bad I had felt, but I just never wanted it again. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 08/25/10  2:37am
" Thank you Nikki, Im kinda lost about my new diet. He gave me a sample menu that helps a bit. Hubby is a excellent chef but he's definately a user of all of the things that I cant have.. : (

Ive noticed that alot of people hate sliders. They were actually voted to be on the healthier side because of the high quality of meat and the steaming process. Not sure how true that is.. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 08/25/10  7:17am
" I am so happy for you Nahlie!

I wish I was closer to go see that doctor! I firmly believe in the holistic approach. I am going to do my best to try and find a Holistic dr on the east coast.

I have a question...Did he suggest anything for fatigue? My neuro had wanted to prescribe something but I refused and am currently using green tea supplements. Unfortunately they only last a few hours and I can't keep popping them as they are caffienated.

Thanks! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 08/25/10  10:19am
" Awesome! I just made a post about seeing a new doctor too! A naturopathy/chinese medical doctor. He is great and btw all he did say you can use flax but recommended fish and that's just because it is more potent? I use the liquid fish oil that is pricey but bc it is low mercury and safe should I get preggers :)
If you want some tips on diet check out my group! Or ask Epagain--she is an unstoppable fountain of nutritional knowledge!
http://www.dailystrength.org/groups...
I've been on a mostly vegan/fish eating diet for almost a year now in place of the avonex. I have to say it's hard to change what I eat--but what was harder was taking those shots and getting dog-sick for two days every week LOL
I would love to talk food, recipes, and healthy MS nutritional stuff with you any time!! I am learning but I think I've picked up some good tricks in the last year or so!
I'm excited for you! I haven't gotten up the nerve to tell my naturopath I smoke weed...I know it's not the best, smoking that is, but I actually enjoy smoking so its that one last bad habit--coupled with the fact that the cannabis works wonders on pain for me :) I was just raised to be so quiet about it bc of people's demonizing it that it's hard for me to tell even this natural dude who I know probably wont' care since he's so logical about all the studies out there and so damn knowledgeable about MS its crazy! You are brave! Keep us posted! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 08/25/10  4:03pm
" Sweet Brooklyn... Thank you, I am so happy to have found this doctor, and I suggest trying to find one that deals with LDN. I am absolutely amazed about the reports of LDN. Becareful though because there are alot of natural doctors that are honestly quacks. I am lucky that mine also has a medical background. As far as fatigue, he gave me a shot od B12 that at first made me nervous but once I took it, I felt wonderful, very alert and like my old self without a high feelings. Some fatigue meds almost give me a shakey high feeling that I hate. He also talked about giving me B12 to dissolve under my tongue if Im not willing to do the shots but they are not as potent. : )

Humunculus... I was like you at first with my weed issue. My mother in-law is my Chinese doc and Accupuncturist so telling her was stomach renching but she was very excepting. She said that if it helps and its natural then I have her blessing. She said that she would much rather see me smoke/eat weed then take a man made pill. You may be suprised how your doc reacts. I almost fell off of the table when she said that she was cool with it. As far as my diet goes, right now Im just trying to figure out how to do Gluten free. The sugar is a no brainer but OMG sugar is my crack, I LOVE the stuff. In a few days, you may find me rocking back and forth in a corner with cold chills and foaming from the mouth...lol Honestly giving it up breaks my heart but I know that its best. Im switching my meat intake to Organic and will probably take red meat out of the diet all together. We eat alot of chinese food, being married into a Chinese family who owns a restaurant you tend to hit up when money is low...lol One thing that I need to take advantage of is the fake meat that my Mother in-law eats. Ck, Beef, Pork,. its all wonderful. Add a little Bok Choy with oyster sauce with steamed rice and talk about delicious...

I was going to start journaling everything today but instead will strat tomorrow. I slept 10 hrs last night for the first time in yrs. So I didnt get up in time to start my testing. I will start tomorrow..

Much Love.. xoxoxo jen "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 08/26/10  7:19am
" Nahlie,

New to the forum here.
Anyway, that’s great that you found a doctor that is helping you. Sounds like you’re doing well so far, and we hope the future results are positive as well! I told my wife, Yumi, dx with MS 5 years ago, about your post and she was very interested. We’re happy for you and look forward to hearing how things go. Plz keep us posted. (Not sure how the journal thing works but we’ll look into it.)
We’re also advocates of holistic methods as my wife Yumi has been doing great by treating herself with Traditional Chinese Medicine for the last few years.
To your husband, it’s tough at first but you’ll find ways to cook within the parameters of the MS diet. I love to cook too and really felt restricted in the beginning, especially when my wife went vegetarian. But where there’s a will, there’s a way and I’ve been able to adjust. If I have to have my old favorites, I just make sure that I have a good main course whipped up for Yumi as well.
We’ve always really enjoyed our meals at home and after getting some new favorites in our repertoire, certainly don’t feel limited in any way. It’s all perspective.
If he has any ideas he’d like to share then please send them on! I’d love to hear, as well as share ours, if he’s interested.

We wish you all the best.

Mark and Yumi "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 3 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web