Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Advice:
what to do about leg weakness????
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Have you found any medication or activity that helps restore your leg weakness?
Posted on 06/04/07, 11:30 pm
6 Replies Add Your Advice
Reminder: This is a support group for Multiple Sclerosis (MS). We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Advice:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 06/05/07  12:36am
" one thing i can tell you is energy saving. i know that if i overwork my muscles, and by overwork i mean what most people consider everyday activity, i get more numbness. go to smaller stores, not huge supermarkets, have a list so you dont have to backtrack, park close as possible even if that means waiting a little longer. if someone asks you if you need anything tell them yes, while they are a store they can grt something you may have forgot. rest, take breaks when you do have to walk.i dont know it any of this helps you, but i am not on any meds due to my doctors not believing what they see so i have had to adapt! take care! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 06/05/07  1:36am
" Baclofen worked for me "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 06/05/07  11:17am
" Leg weakness is the worst of symptoms I think. You need to notice when you feel it, rest, stop. Try to get handicapped parking permit, it helps. Do short errands when possible. I found that physical therapy has helped me to keep up my leg strength. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 06/05/07  11:20am
" I am currently recieving PT to increase my leg strength. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 06/05/07  9:26pm
" although overexertion makes me tired and legs weak....I have found that stretching and exercise, on my terms, has increased my leg tone and I am able to go for longer walks now and feel better all around...just don't over do it "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 06/05/07  11:14pm
" I'm trying to increase my leg strength simply through walking. My goal is to walk 10,000 steps a day. Most days I get to 8,000, so I have a ways to go. Nevertheless, I think my legs are getting stronger and I was delighted that my jeans were a tad loose when I put them on this a.m.!

Certain medications can also cause leg weakness and my neuro. took me off the generic for pravachol (cholesterol medicaiton)so this might be working for me. You might want to check if any of your meds. create weakness in the legs as a side effect. "

Add Your Advice
Advertisement

More From Around the Web