NECK AND SHOULDER PAIN
OK IF MRI OF CERVICAL SHOWS NO LEASIONS AND BONE STRUCTURE IS GOOD THEN WHY AM I HAVING SO MUCH SPASMS IN MY NECK AND SHOULDERS I DON'T UNDERSTAND......I THINK I AM NUTZ AFTER ALL WARM *LUKE WARM* MOIST HEAT DON'T WORK MUSCLE RELAXENTS AND VALUME DON'T WORK NOTHING I DO IS WORKING YOGA STREATCHING HELPS VERY LITTLEAND I AM ABOUT TO CRY I AM WQORRIED THIS IS NOT GOING TO GO AWAY EVER.....OK MAYBE NOT EVER I MEAN I AM NOW AT A 7 ON PAIN SCALE INSTEAD OF A 9 EVERY DAY AAAAAAAAAAACK ANY SUGGESTIONS?
Posted on 05/24/07, 12:05 am
Reminder: This is a support group for Multiple Sclerosis (MS). We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

Reply #1 - 05/24/07  12:14am
" I also have no lesions on my spine and I have pain in my neck and shoulders. what has helped me a lot is massages, and I found someone who understands ms. the doctor can wright you a prescription and you can wright it off at the end of the year. good luck. "
Reply #2 - 05/24/07  1:47am
" I take 10 mg of Baclafen 2 times a day and 20 mg at night before bed. If you keep on a scheduale, it really does help. I get spasms in my lower back and hips, drives me absolutely nuts!!! "
Reply #3 - 05/24/07  11:26pm
" HI, I TOO HAVE BEEN SUFFERING LIKE THAT. I HAD TO GO TO MY GP AND SHE GAVE ME NAPROXEN AND CARISPODOL. AN ANTIFLAMMATORY AND PAIN KILLER,MUSCLE RELAXANT. I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE COMING FROM. I HAD THAT FOR A SOLID YEAR AND I'M SORRY TO HEAR THAT YOU ARE GOING THRU. IT'S A NAGGING PAIN AND SOME DAYS IT CAN BE DISABLING. YOU DON'T WANT TO GO AND DO NOTHING BECAUSE OF IT. MAYBE YOU NEED TO CALL YOU GP OR NEURO AND SEE IF THEY WILL GIVE YOU SOME MUSCLE RELAXANTS. I HOPE YOU GET RELIEF SOON. TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF. "
Reply #4 - 05/25/07  4:15am
" I also suffer the shoulder and neck pain, messages are agony. I use 800 mgs. of ibuprofen and 10 mg. baclafen that seems to help a bit "
Reply #5 - 05/25/07  12:55pm
" i to suffer from neck and shoulder pain. mine was so bad the last week and a half i couldn't move my neck. alot of times when i get neck and shoulder pain the pain will also raise up the back of my head and give me the most painfull headaches. none of the medicines i am on right now seems to help. LOTS OF HUGS april "