Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
In Category: Treatments
Discussion:
Tonic Water
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I was waking with the worse cramp in my leg that it hurt so much that it made me cry. Talking about this with my cousin she suggested tonic water. Boy, this worked so well and stopped the pain. The proof was when I was too lazy to go get another bottle of this from the cabinet and the pain started all over again. Yesterday went right away and got the bottle and no cramp this morning. Has anyone else had this problem?
Posted on 03/03/09, 09:08 am
4 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Multiple Sclerosis (MS). We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 03/05/09  3:18pm
" I have never heard of this before but I think I will try it. No harm, no foul, right? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 03/17/09  1:31am
" @ RiS

Here's the link to info I'm pasting below ~ http://www.peoplespharmacy.com/arch...

"FDA banned quinine from use against leg cramps because sensitive people may develop a potentially deadly blood disorder in reaction to quinine. Although this complication is rare, it is extremely serious. One reader reported being hospitalized after drinking a 5-ounce glass of tonic water. She developed a terrible skin reaction and her blood platelets plummeted. She was told that in her case even a drop could be lethal." "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 03/17/09  9:17am
" Did not know about this ban. Will stop drinking and ask my dr.'s about this. Thank you for the info. XOXO "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 04/06/09  2:09pm
" I keep it handy. Works great. I've used it for cramps for 30 years now. Maybe if you mix it with gin... "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web