Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
In Category: Treatments
Discussion:
Coconut water
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Does anyone here drink coconut water? It has a lot of healing qualities to it and I wondered if it seemed to help with MS at all. I started to drink it as my husband has heard that it is good for leg cramps. I googled it and found that it is very good for the body. It helps strengthen the immune system and helps to reduce viral infections among its many awesome qualities. In fact, it also can be used in place of plasma as it is exactly the same as our plasma in our bodies. People have had transfusions using coconut water.
Posted on 04/07/11, 11:23 pm
7 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Multiple Sclerosis (MS). We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 04/08/11  8:15am
" I had never heard of this, but it never hurts to try. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 04/08/11  3:15pm
" I use to drink coconut water when I lived Dallas Tx,now I have not or know if it help with my MS.I did or have not seen or felt any changes. Never thought to ask my Nero or PCP about coconut water. Once I get settled in Tucson and find a Nero and coconut water I will ask! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 04/17/11  12:27am
" I love it! I cook with coconut milk instead of dairy milk because the high fat content in the dairy was worsening my symptoms. Coconut, almond, olives--all good alternative healthy fat sources for an MS diet ! :) "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 10/13/11  12:26pm
" I don't use coconut water but I do take the oil as a supplement.

I take 1 tablespoon twice a day. Funny thing is, I started on it as a way to lean down and lose some body fat, but I discovered by happy accident that it also helps immensely with my rheumatoid arthritis!

I can't say one way or the other if it helping with my MS, but adding healthy lipids to ones diet certainly can't hurt! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 10/14/11  11:20pm
" This sounds like something I need to check into. Never heard of coconut water and don't know if we have coconut water here but I sure will check. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 10/16/11  2:51pm
" Someone told me once to drink coconut water also! Is it at a regular grocery store?? I don't see it in the water aisle?? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 10/17/11  10:19am
" I know that Safeway/Albertson's carries it sometimes in the water area. I have seen it on the very bottom shelves. Usually I find it at health food stores. There are several flavors. Plain coconut water is very strong and has an almond taste to it. If you can't find it bottled, try opening a coconut and using that water that is inside. You only need a couple of tablespoons per day! "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web