We're on Facebook
Check out our page
Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
In Category: In The News
Discussion:
FLEX STICK, 3 LEG CANES WITH SHOCK ABORBING!
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
FOR ANYONE THAT NEEDS A CANE OR THAT HAS ONE BUT COULD USE A BETTER ONE! HERE IS THE LINK:

http://www.ranjam.net/?gclid=CP-Fw6...
Posted on 09/20/11, 01:03 am
11 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Multiple Sclerosis (MS). We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 10/01/11  1:28am
" I had a single point cane, & was having to use it, but it falls over all the time & then I have to try & get down to pick it up! Which was almost impossible for me to do!!! As I couldnt get up or down!

Then, if you don't set it down just right or it's at an angle, it can/does slide out from under you! And, it wares on your hand also, because with it it does not give, so your hand bares a lot of pressure/weight, etc...

With the flex stick your hand bares a lot less pressure because the cane gives a little! BUT not too much!

And, the legs/feet of the cane provide balance for you while being great for uneven terrain!

However it is also great for slick & even terrain because it doesnt' slide out from under your weight! And, speaking of weight, you can actually bare a lot of your weight on it!

For me I need to use the can to bare down on to pull my weight/body up! I need to pull myself up & I also need to use it to lean on & to steady myself when I go to set down. And, I need one that can bare the weight! And, one that won't slide out from under me!

When I'm out in public I get questions about the cane & when I answer & let others try it out, they instantly seem to like it too!

I was telling Jamie this & was also telling him that to me it's kind of like one of those artificial legs that have the spring action! Runners & Joggers use them, because they are very durable & give them great speed because of the spring action!

Just like that would be hard to get used to or adjust to, at first this is sooo radically different that it takes a little adjusting to too! But just the like the runner does adjust to that & then really takes off with it & learns to love what it can do for him/her so will one adjust to this cane & grow to love & adjust to what it can do for you & the speed, & strength & balance that it can give one!

I personally have grown to love this cane!!! And, the more I use it the more I love it!!! It is radically different & I believe that it will totally change & revolutionalize the way that doctors, health care in general, & patients look at & view canes!

POSSITIVES: The spring loaded, shock absorbing legs work really great as the cane comes in contact with the ground as your walking! It works in a very nice smooth action! The action seems to flow very smoothly!? For lack of a much better way to put it!?

I don't know about the other colors in person/cane??? :) But the snake design blue is a really nice color & the looks of it really stands out & is very eye catching!!! If you like bling you will like the snake skin designs! I love blue & the blue is such a beautiful & nice, outstanding shade of blue.

If your a person that does not want the cane to stand out at all, I would go with a plain colors! If that doesn't matter to you, then go for it! I hadn't seen one in person so I didn't know that it would stand out! But I got it for it's shock absorbing legs & action of the legs, for balance, & for using to get up & down! But esp... up! As far as looks go, where I'm concerned I just love blue snake skin one!!!! And, I don't give a hoot if it stands out or not! I just care about how it looks to me & wheather it works or not!

And, it comes with a tassle handle/strap! And, mine came with a real nice little flash light that attached quit nicely to the cane! And, it pivets! So you can rotate it down toward the ground if you want to see right at your feet! Great for walking in the dark or low light!!! OR if your power should go out for some reason or another! Or you can rotate it out so that you can see ahead/out in front of you!

In general, I love the looks! I love the design!!!!! I love the color!!! I love the feel!!! And, I love the smooth action of it as you walk with it!!!! It's definately better than a single pointer!!! :) Or a 4 pointer, or quad cane as they are called!

AND......... IT STANDS ALONE ON IT'S ON! YOU DON'T HAVE TO LEAN THE CANE ON EVERYTHING & HAVE IT FALL OVER CONSTANTLY!!! I JUST WISH I HAD ONE FOR THE OTHER SIDE, ON THOSE REALLY REALLY BAD DAYS!!! LOL :) HAD 5-7 OF THOSE LAST WEEK!!!!

SO! NEGATIVES: HAVING MORE LEGS & MORE HARDWARE--IT IS HAVIER! There is definately a big weight difference!!! And, you have to get used to that & adjust to that as you walk! That part of it tires your arm out a bit!? And, makes you have to work harder to adjust your walk & gait to the swing of the cane! Since it's havier, it takes more time to move it to your next step! YOU DO GET A WORK OUT!!!!

BUT If you used it all the time you would gain more strength with it & would eventually adjust to that! I mean, going from no assistance to the sudden assistance of a cane, or walker, or a wheel chair takes a lot of adjustment--both physically & mentally anyway!!!

AND, THE HARDEST ADJUSTMENT IS THE MENTAL ONE!!! NO MATTER WHICH DEVISE YOU ARE ADJUSTING TO!!!

BUT OVER ALL!? I LOVE IT!!!! HANDS DOWN!!! AND IT HAS MY STEP OF APPROVAL!!!!! PUN INTENDED :) I WOULD HANDS DOWN PREFER IT OVER ANY CANE ON THE MARKET!!! I WOULD RATHER HAVE TWO OF THESE AS TO HAVE ONE WALKER!

SO CHECK IT OUT GUYS!!!! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 10/01/11  1:49am
" PS!!!!! JAMIE IS THE NICEST PERSON!!!! HE HAS BEEN SOOOO WONDERFULLY HELPFUL!!!! I COULDN'T ASK FOR A NICER, MORE CAREING, MORE HELPFUL PERSON!!!! HE HAS WALKED ME THROUGH THE ENTIRE PROCESS WITH GREAT PATIENCE & PROFESSIONALISM!!!

I SIMPLY COULD NOT HAVE DEWLT WITH A BETTER COMPANY OR HAVE GOTTEN A BETTER PRODUCT! I HATE HAVING ALL THESE PROBLEMS, BUT HAVING A PRODUCT AS GOOD AS THIS ONE THAT I CAN COUNT ON TO HELP ME WALK & TO KEEP MY BALANCE & TO HELP ME GET UP & DOWN & TO MAKE & HELP ME BE & STAY INDEPENDANT, & MAKE MY LIFE A LOT BETTER REALLY MEANS EVERYTHING TO ME!!! IT MAKES BEING HANDICAPED NOT SO BAD!!!

THIS IS THE 1ST TIME I HAVE EVER ENDORCED ANY PRODUCT!!!! SO THAT SHOULD TELL YOU A LOT!!!! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 02/09/12  7:30pm
" I just wanted to thank you for posting this. I plan on getting one. I'm so glad I saw this today cuz I see my neuro tomorrow. I'm gonna ask him to write me a script for it. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 02/11/12  1:51pm
" I doubt that Medicare will pay for this. The last time I got a cane from them it was a total piece of junk. It was so bad that I left it in the trash can at the post office and went to a drugstore and bought one! Shame on you Medicare! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 02/11/12  4:56pm
" Jamie says that Medicare will cover this cane! And, that is all I have! However Medicare will only cover one modality in like a 1-3 yr span, so if you think you need a wheelchair, then order that through medicare, & then try to find some help paying with the cane!? But Jamie said that Medicare will pay for it! I have one & IT IS THE BEST CANE ON THE MARKET HANDS DOWN!!! IF YOU DO GET ONE YOU WILL LOVE IT!!!!

SINGLE POINT CANES MAKE YOU FALL! SLIDE OUT FROM UNDER YOU! GET YOU OFF BALANCE! ETC.... THIS 3 POINTER WITH SHOCKS ON IT IS THE WAY TO GO!!! I have gotten two single pointers from him too! In case I need an extra cane for the other side! Sometimes I need two canes or my rollater!? And, it doesn't fall over every time you park it for a few minutes!!! Single point canes fall over all the time! And, then you can't pick it up because it's now on the floor!

I tell you! This cane has really saved my butt & kept me going!!! I've never found a product like this that I brag on or recommend but this one product is doing it for me! And, he's coming out with a flex walker too guys!!!! Watch his website for new products!

www.flexstick.com

Talk to Jamie at the website & mention me & that you saw it here & he will help you with the process! He can help you with the medicare end of it I think & make the process a LOT easier!!! He is very timely & Johnny On The Spot!!! He will get with you as quickly as he possibly can & will really take good care of you!!! He's a really nice guy!!! You will enjoy working with him & he will help you all he can!

You definately won't throw this one in the trash can & if you do, please don't!!!! Give it to me!!!! I'll gladly take another flexcane! :)

Let me know if I can help in any way guys! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 04/08/12  7:29am
" Note: www. flexstick.com does not work.

As for canes, buy your own. Who needs this in your medical record if you need a wheelchair in a couple of years? It could come back to haunt you and gee, a cane costs about $20-$25.00. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 04/08/12  12:57pm
" Okay!? So BUY YOUR OWN!? IF THAT'S WHAT YOU WANT TO DO THEN DO IT!? Don't get the point of this post!? Some people can't afford to buy their own!!! If you can, then go ahead!? And, this cane cost more than any 25 bucks!!! But then, it's a much better cane!!! The single canes do not compare to this one!

And, yes! It is true! WE all have to be careful what Medicare pays for because they won't cover anything for the next 2-5 yrs! So if you think that you might need a wheel chair or a rollator down the road buy the cane because it's definately cheaper than a wheel chair!!!

MEDICARE WILL ONLY PAY FOR ONE ASSISTIVE DEVISE IN A 2-5 YR PERIOD! SO GO FOR THE MOST EXPENSIVE ONE!!!

But if you have already done that & can't get Medicare to cover a new wheelchair, then look for some really good second hand ones! You can find them at many of the shops like KARM, GOODWILL, SALVATION ARMY, & many other local thrift stores in you area! And, sometimes agencies will help to get one also!? And, some churches will, depending on the church!?

AS ALWAYS!!! THIS IS AN INDIVUAL DECISION!!! DO WHAT IS BEST FOR YOU!!! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 04/10/12  11:49pm
" Thanks for the post. I'm going to check into it (: "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 06/07/12  2:31am
" Hey, folks. Since y'all were talking about me, I wanted to let you know the website is www.flexsticks.com

Thanks for all the KIND words from PaintWarrior. I promise I did not pay her to say those things. We have never even met!

Give us a holler if you have any questions! For the record, not doing any marketing here, just responding t correct the website. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 06/14/12  12:08am
" Here is one we like even better! It becomes a seat- makes grocery stores manageable!

http://www.sportseat.com/handy/inde...

And if you can swing it, these are more expensive versions- a little bit sturdier...

http://www.thecanefactoryllc.com/se... "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web