Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Long term effects of Mono ?
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Does anyone know what long term effects there may be ?
Posted on 01/26/08, 05:02 pm
12 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Mononucleosis. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 03/30/08  6:59pm
" There are some autoimmune disorders that mono can trigger. Other than that, I don't know. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 04/10/08  12:14am
" DO YOU KNOW SPECIFICALLY WHAT THEY ARE,SADBELLY???
THANKS VJI "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 07/14/08  9:35am
" I'm a new member who wonders the same thing...about long term effects.

For years, my immune system was shot. I seemed to catch anything & everything that was contagious.

So I'm interested in the same questions. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 09/24/08  5:33pm
" I know this was posted some time ago but thought I would say that EBV kicked off gluten intolerance in me. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 09/25/08  11:15pm
" Hi,

Don't quote me on this, but my doctor said something about long term Chronic Fatigue Syndrome for which there is no cure.

Brenda "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 11/11/08  3:00pm
" This is my third time having mono. My doctors have also mentioned Chronic Fatigue Syndrome as a possible long term effect. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 11/13/08  3:18pm
" i had mono when i was a junior in highschool, i'm 23 now and ever since then i have had sleeping problems and CFS. for a few months after i had it i would sleep a lot for like a month and then be awake alot for a couple of weeks. but it does seem like that since i've had it my strength, energy have continued to decrease and my acheyness and stiffness increase "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 12/25/08  12:54pm
" My daughter had mono 9 years ago, my daughter has Cold Urticaria and has had it for years, i have been told this can be a lasting effect from having mono. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 12/26/08  7:09am
" Yeah chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, and since autoimmune problems are often so individualized, I think it just depends on the person as to what (if any) that they get from this. Another possibility is chronic EBV. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 12/27/08  7:41pm
" I'm glad I'm finally figuring out which of my symptoms are from the EBV and which aren't. It turns out I have an Arnold Chiari 1 malformation so some of the symptoms overlap. I was diagnosed with fibro for years, until last year I got sicker than fibro could have ever made me. I was lucky that within weeks we found the two needles in the haystack! "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web