Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Pregnancy At 43 After Multiple Miscarriages
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I just recently had a miscarriage 2 days after I got a heartbeat during a 7 week sonogram. I had a D & C this past Thursday. This is my 3rd miscarriage and I'm now 43. I was wondering if there is anybody out there who had a successful pregnancy after going through something like this. I really want another child and I need hope.
Posted on 09/13/08, 04:35 pm
3 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Miscarriage. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 09/13/08  5:45pm
" Hi Linda,
Sorry for your losses. I to had a miscarriage this past summer at age 40. I am going to try again and hope for the best. The age part scares me so much. You do give me hope though that even at 43 you are still able to get pregnant. I hope that both of us can get pregnant again and carry it full term. My doctor said my age is not a factor and that she sees older and older ladies having babies... I have faith we wll both have that 3rd baby we long for!! Good luck "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 09/14/08  7:08pm
" My name is Fern and I have had 4 miscarriages, 3 of them between age 38 and 40. I had a baby after the 3 miscarriages in 2004 and 2005. Ben, is now 21 months old and I am now 43. It was a rough road, but we made it. I have 4 boys total (3 biological children and a stepson) and 4 angels.

One of my miscarriages was at 12 weeks after a normal ultrasound at 8 weeks. They said the baby died at 9 weeks shortly after the ultrasound. I had no signs or symptoms that anything was wrong. They found the baby had died when I went in for a regular OB visit and was having some slight spotting. I had a D&C because I didn't want to wait indefinitely since it had already been 3 weeks. I wanted to get on with healing physically and emotionally so I could keep trying to have a baby. I had two more losses but we had a healthy baby in Dec. 2006. So hang in there and don't give up. I am here if you want to talk or have questions.
Hugs, Fern "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 11/06/08  12:23pm
" Fern, I'd like to know more about your situation. I'm 40. I've had 3 miscarriages in the past year. All were between 7-10 weeks, but each situation was different. The first was ectopic, so I had emergency surgery and lost a tube. The doc said I needed IVF due to my "issues", so the next two pregnancies were from IVF. One was a possible ectopic and the next was a wild case of vanishing triplets (all three! one at 8 weeks, one at nine and one at 10). I'm on the verge of total despair. I've been diagnosed with PCOS and had my thyroid removed a year after my first child was born, due to a bogus couple of biopsies. Turned out to be Hashimotos (post partum). Anyhow, any thoughts or folks out there with similarities would be interesting to hear about. "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web