Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Advice:
My baby died at 19 weeks in womb
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I went in for an ultrasound yesterday and they told me that my baby died. They said I would have to deliver on my own or be induced. They said they didn't know what caused this. This is my 5th baby and I have for living children at home. This is something I would of never thought of happening especially in the 2nd trimester. I don't know what to expect, except that I've decided to be induced. My husband is on a flight now, my midwife is waiting to hear from the both of us at her office Monday.... Now that he is going to be home sooner, I'm trying to meet with her asap.

Any advice on what I should ask my midwife? Also any other advice I might not think of that might be helpful would be greatly appreciated.
Posted on 02/17/10, 01:02 pm
5 Replies Add Your Advice
Reminder: This is a support group for Miscarriage. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Advice:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 02/17/10  1:38pm
" I'm so very sorry for your loss I lost my son at 16 weeks and understand your pain. As fare as advice most of my info came from the report at the hospital and the patholigy report. Please know that it was nothing that you did I blamed my self for awhile thinking that I could have changed what had happened. I hope that you find some peace and that your husband will arrive soon. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 02/18/10  3:26pm
" I lost my timothy at 18 weeks 5 days. The main advise would be take pictures and Hold your baby. I knwo for me this has been the only thing that has gotten me through these last month. You may want to consider what you will do after if you have not already. I buired my baby. there are many options to you that may no0t directally be offered to you if you do not ask. if you have any questions please feel free to ask. I have several pictures also if you would like to kinda prepare yourself that I would be willing to directally share with you. Timothy was my 3rd preagnacy and I never have had any problems in the past I have a 11 month old and a 3 yr old. I will have you in my prayers "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 02/19/10  8:42am
" I am so sorry for your loss. If I were you, I would deliver naturally. I understand wanting to be induced. Just be sure to verify your baby's death. If I were you, I would also plan to see and hold and photograph and bury my baby. I miscarried at 12 weeks - baby's heart stopped at 8 weeks - and even I was able to see and hold and photograph and bury my baby. The stone at the cemetery goes up in the Spring. I am happy that I got to witness the miracle of my tiny baby's life and happy I was able to honor that life with burial and a tombstone. At 19 weeks, your baby is pretty big and perfectly beautiful. I am so very sorry.

http://www.misdiagnosedmiscarriage.... "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 02/22/10  2:26pm
" I was wondring how you are doing? I am so sorry for your loss.

I found out on the same day that at 18 weeks, my daughter Rebekah Grace had died. We chose medical induction and delivered her that afternoon. We held her and took a few pics. We began immediately planning for her funeral. She was buried Sat. 2.20.10 with my dad. I am so thankful for the moments we did have her with us. I also have other children. 2 daughters, 3 miscarriages, 1 son, and now our stillborn Rebekah Grace. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 02/24/10  4:38pm
" Thank you all for your support. We did request a 2nd ultrasound. Sadly there wasn't a heart beat. Due to her size they felt she had been gone for a couple of weeks. We were induced on the 19th. She was delivered on the 20th. We named her Wendy. I held her and it was so hard to say goodbye. We're heart broken and trying to make peace with this one day at a time.

Thanks again. "

Add Your Advice
Advertisement

More From Around the Web